Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 139774 times)

casal-fan

Saying hello
« on: September 01, 2012, 02:32:38 PM »
Hello!

New member here, after I heard the awfull news that explained why the other forum was down.
I must say this is already a great forum. The adition of the "old-old" forum files is superb for guys like me wich just joined the TZR scene, and to who the tzr still is a "secret" piece of machinery.

ybk

• Admin
Re: Saying hello
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
Welcome, post some pics up of your bike when you can  :D

I'll sticky this topic so we can have all the hello's and welcomes in one place  8)

bobbyboy

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »
I registered on Skip's old forum, just before it went down, so never got the opportunity to post anything, not that I'm much of a conversationalist though  ::)
I've currently got a 3MA and a 3XV, and I hope I don't have any reasons to post bad news on them very often!  :)
www.taffmoto.co.uk for your replacement fairing panels

kr-rz350

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:17:40 AM »
Hello.
Just purchased my first TZR(not many here in the USA). I have liked the look of the 3ma since it came out in 1989 with the tail pipes coming out from under the seat and the aluminium Deltabox chassis. I couldn't get a TZR when I got my motorcycle license so I got a 1985 RZ350 KR in 1991. Even though I have had a few four stroke sportbikes(currently 2003 R1), I just couldn't let the little RZ go. It sat for over 14 years without being ridden as I rode the R1 and finally last year was its coming back party. I have forgotten how much fun a little 2stroke was. One thing always bothered me though... the RZs chassis. It is a noodle compared to anything modern so I jumped at the TZR 3ma when I found one for sale with a title(no bullcrap at the DMV). So now I have one of the bikes I have been lusting after since I was a teenager.
Great forum and I hope it can help me with my mistress :)
1989 TZR250 3ma
1985 RZ350 KR
1984 RZ350
1974 RD250
2003 R1

snittle

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »
Hello

actually missed this bit and posted before saying hello....
I was on the old tzr forum and heard the news about skip at squires last weekend.

top forum, hope i'll be able to help out.

snittle(james)

jcsnook

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Hello.
Just purchased my first TZR(not many here in the USA). I have liked the look of the 3ma since it came out in 1989 with the tail pipes coming out from under the seat and the aluminium Deltabox chassis. I couldn't get a TZR when I got my motorcycle license so I got a 1985 RZ350 KR in 1991. Even though I have had a few four stroke sportbikes(currently 2003 R1), I just couldn't let the little RZ go. It sat for over 14 years without being ridden as I rode the R1 and finally last year was its coming back party. I have forgotten how much fun a little 2stroke was. One thing always bothered me though... the RZs chassis. It is a noodle compared to anything modern so I jumped at the TZR 3ma when I found one for sale with a title(no bullcrap at the DMV). So now I have one of the bikes I have been lusting after since I was a teenager.
Great forum and I hope it can help me with my mistress :)

kr-rz350,

Where in the US are you?  Adding your location to your profile would help  8)  There are a few TZR's around me here in Florida, I've got a 3XV and a MC21 NSR.  I know some buddies with 3MA's, 3XV's, RGV's, RZ's, etc.  We all like to leave our carbon footprint! ::)
If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

41juergen

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »
I'm back too, it was not possible to find it via google. But a guy on a 2 stroke meeting last weekend helped me...  :)
May be can something been added in the "home" page to get accessed via Google?
Juergen

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
Howzit Juergen. Welcome back.
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »
I'm back too, it was not possible to find it via google. But a guy on a 2 stroke meeting last weekend helped me...  :)
May be can something been added in the "home" page to get accessed via Google?
Juergen

Welcome back :)
I've made a few tweaks and googling 'tzr forum' we come up on the first page now (we were on the 3rd page or so, google is quite fickle so hopefully it stays there :) )

Will add a more substantial frontpage when I have some time 8)

Crank

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
I have been browsing certain parts of the old archive, noticed alot of members we dont see now.
Is it not possible to send them a mail or something, or are the contact details not part of the backup's or archive?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:06:42 PM by Crank »

Mick

• Mansfield,England..
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
Hi I'm Mickey from the old TZR250.com and Skips forum before it went offline,hopefully this forum will keep going..just like our bikes   :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:59:07 AM by Mick »
Twitchy left hand rider ;-)

yanw

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 04:59:04 PM »
If you search for "TZR Forum" we are now fifth on the first page of Google search results.

41juergen

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
That's cool, so lets see how many guys we can get back... :D

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:58 PM »
Howzit Mickey
Good to see this site is being found, I am dead chuffed as it is proving more reliable than ash's, remember the hackers and poor old skips.
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

Mick

• Mansfield,England..
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 08:13:51 PM »
Ash's site was a good and informative,friggin spammers and hackers ruined it.Was totally shocked to find out about poor Skip,a loss to his family and friends and to us who got to know him from his forum...I found his FB page but nothing mentioned on there..
Twitchy left hand rider ;-)