Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 139823 times)

RDnutz

Re: Saying hello
« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2017, 12:52:27 PM »
Hello all,

I am a new member to this site but I used to be on another TZR site many years ago.  I was living in China back then and I believe my user name then was Chinasteve or Chinaracer.

If anyone from back then remembers me please drop me a line.  It would be good to hear from you.

I am trying to locate a 3xv rolling chasis if anyone knows of one.  Trying to stuff a RD400 engine in one. he he.  Making a franken bike

Cheers
Steve

Filipe

• 2stroke forever
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:11 AM »
Hi everybody, i'm Filipe, live in Portugal, and i'm a big fan of two stroke bikes. But here don't have many of that... :-[
Until now only have two Yamaha's (DT 125 R, and Aerox), but none of them are TZR, only because they are realy hard to find around here.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
But that's about to change,as i'm dealing a 3ma with a friend in UK, and looking for a 3xv in UK or in Spain.
I also have a RGV VJ 22 1991 (bought in Germany), a NSR MC21 1991 (imported from UK last 2015), and a Gilera Crono 125 (bought in Spain).
I hope can join this large and friendly comunity, and learn a lot about the most lovly 250 machines.... the TZR's.
Thanks for all and kind regards

Mr.Cool

« Reply #317 on: May 08, 2017, 05:16:00 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm just getting into the TZR game. I've grown up with RD's, RZ's, NSR's and RS's. Street bikes and racing.

I'm getting into racing myself now and had started building an 86 RZ350 but some suppliers fell through and I really wanted to race. With no chance in hell of getting the RZ done I started looking for another, already race prepped, bike. Even if I just found a newer fuel injected 600 to run for the year and build the RZ for the next, that would do. But why settle. I put up and ambitious ad asking for a race ready bike on short notice and listed bikes I would be interested in, in order of interest, with TZR 250 at the top. (I should note, TZR's are very rare to ever find here)

Well I'd be damn'd but I got a reply from a guy offering an 88 TZR250, stored for 5 years since its last race but, freshly built before storing and just about turn key. YAHHOOO!

I got it home just today and already torn into her. I've got just shy of 2 weeks before the first event, wish me luck!

The CBR is my road bike.

gammaguy21

• Canada (Ontario)
« Reply #318 on: May 08, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Welcome Mr. Cool.  I saw your post on the VRRA site.
Good score!  I'm not racing, just the odd track day, but I'll be spectating at a few of the VRRA races.
Good luck.

Mr.Cool

« Reply #319 on: May 08, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
Hi Gammaguy, I'll actually be racing this bike at Shannonville in the RACE Superseries, running LTWT Sportsman. In case you ever attend these events, if you see me in the pits feel free to come say hi. If I need some more seat time, Maybe I'll come out for one VRRA race.

gammaguy21

• Canada (Ontario)
« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2017, 03:37:04 PM »
Great! I've wanted to see how a tzr 1kt/2ma does in RACE LTWT Sportsman series.
I think there was an Aprilia rs250 that won easily a couple of years back... but I think he was asked to move to a different class.

Good luck Mr. Cool.

simonm

« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2017, 12:44:56 PM »
Hi just joined forum restoring a 1987 2ma.

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
Hello all,

I am a new member to this site but I used to be on another TZR site many years ago.  I was living in China back then and I believe my user name then was Chinasteve or Chinaracer.

If anyone from back then remembers me please drop me a line.  It would be good to hear from you.

I am trying to locate a 3xv rolling chasis if anyone knows of one.  Trying to stuff a RD400 engine in one. he he.  Making a franken bike

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

welcome back - I missed this post - (still got the leathers  ;))

can't help with a chassis I'm afraid, there always Yahoo Japan.

Jools
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

judgie250

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
Hello all, brought myself a 3xv a few months back and slowly making progress getting it back on the road. To be honest it was a complete bargain and the first 2 stroke in a few years (marriage got in the way!) and bitten by the bug again.

So again, Hello everyone

Petey

• Devon, UK
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »
Hi all,

I've been avidly reading the forum since buying a 3MA3. I'm importing it from Greece from a contact there. It's standard, but a project. It hasn't run for 10 years so I'm guessing a full rebuild is on the cards. The plastics are all there but will need repairing and painting.
I'm looking forward to getting it in the UK (I've only seen pics of it so far) to go alongside my RGV (VJ22). Hopefully though I haven't bitten off more than I can chew with this one!

Regards,
Pete
2015 BMW S1000RR
1979 Honda Superdream street scrambler custom project
1991 Suzuki RGV250
1990 Yamaha TZR250 3MA3 (in transit to UK!)

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
Hi Pete. Have a good read of 3MA mods by Louis, you need them to make it fly. http://www.tzr3ma.com/index.html
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

chubba

« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2017, 03:30:04 PM »
Good luck with the bike and enjoy the whole rebuild process, my mate nearly bought it 

Petey

• Devon, UK
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2017, 05:00:08 PM »
Hi Pete. Have a good read of 3MA mods by Louis, you need them to make it fly. http://www.tzr3ma.com/index.html

Will do, thanks. I've been reading up a fair bit over the last few weeks but I've got a lot to learn I think...
2015 BMW S1000RR
1991 Suzuki RGV250

Petey

• Devon, UK
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »
Good luck with the bike and enjoy the whole rebuild process, my mate nearly bought it

Thanks, will do. I won't ask why your mate didn't buy it, in case I don't like the answer!
2015 BMW S1000RR
1991 Suzuki RGV250

liam mccarter

« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
Hi there

Just bought a 2MA to restore for the road, its been in Guernsey for most of its life and is complete but a bit of a basket. Looking forward to hopefully getting some good advice from the forum on restoration tips.

thanks in advance

Liam