Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 64310 times)

ybk

Re: Saying hello
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2019, 02:52:11 AM »
Welcome guys (-P) That RD made me do a double take! Had to reread the description to figure out what's going on there! 8)

Hi everyone, hope I am doing this right.  I'm a Japanese grey market junkie. Lived in Japan for a bit in the early 90's, started the addiction when I bought a 1987 FZR400 and rode all over Tokyo.  20 years later and a lot of research my goal was to have one of everything that I thought was cool looking and not common here, still working on that.  Looking to share some info, learn more and sell some of my bikes to buy others and do different things.  I have had a few TZRs but I only have one now, 1992. I have never ridden it but I am thinking of selling it and some others because I have too many bikes to tend to and in the last year I got into enduro and MX riding, mostly MX riding, 2017 YZ250F.  Got crazy bored the last 6 weeks nursing my fractured collarbone... price to play I guess, depressing as I was having so much fun!!! I am sure I am not alone on here. Look forward to meeting some follow bike lovers.  Thank you.
Current:
1992 TZR250
1992 NSR250SE
1992 CBR400RR
1988 FZR400
1992 RGV250
1989 FZR1000
1988 CBR250R
1992 NSR250SP
Yikes! doing this list I think I have a screw(s) loose.

I think you have what we all want in terms of collecting bikes :o Really like that 3XV, I am quite partial towards that colour scheme, have a 3XV4 as well. (-P)

admzm

• Retro Bikers Singapore
    • Instagram
« Reply #436 on: December 03, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
Yos. A TZR user from Singapore. Morning to all, I don't know what to write here. But I just bought it in the beginning of this year when i just passed my license, cheers !

David141

« Reply #437 on: January 09, 2020, 10:21:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

Basically I'm not a bike rider, I race hovercraft, Have used the TZR 250 since 2005 lovely engine.

Recently finished modding a standard engine to accept RS125 reeds, 35mm carbs and 2XT barrels.

Times changing for me and im here to see if anyone wants any TZR items! Im off to the 4stroke world!

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #438 on: January 10, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
Hi Guys,

Basically I'm not a bike rider, I race hovercraft, Have used the TZR 250 since 2005 lovely engine.

Recently finished modding a standard engine to accept RS125 reeds, 35mm carbs and 2XT barrels.

Times changing for me and im here to see if anyone wants any TZR items! Im off to the 4stroke world!

David,

Please post some photos of the TZR engined hovercraft if you have the chance, as well as photos and further details of the modifications you have carried out - I'm interested to see them and I'm sure other members would be too.

Thanks & regards,
James

David141

« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2020, 01:41:30 AM »
Hi Again Guys,

Thank you for the responses, and welcoming me to the forum,

Attached are pictures of my hovercraft, and of my home built TZR Hybrid :- It started life as a TZR 250 2ma Case, that was machined then to take custom intakes welded in, these housed RS125 V-force reeds.  It also runs 2XT cylinders, With Mikuni TMX 35mm carbs as well.

I only had a days worth of running out of this set up so far, but we made power equivalent to my top end tuned TZR even in that limited time. Much more to come from it.

If there is any more interest I shall write in the project section.

dieselmech_pt

« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2020, 02:13:58 PM »
That's really impressive work there,  now I understand what you mean about the engine being no use in a motorbike

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2020, 01:17:07 PM »
If there is any more interest I shall write in the project section.

Good stuff - thanks David. I for one would be interested in learning more about how you modified the engine, mounted it in the boat, fabricated the pipes etc. I'd also be interested to learn if there are any considerations applicable to using these engines in hovercraft which may not be applicable to their usual uses.

Regards,
James