Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 74304 times)

tzr-v4

• South West of France
    • French RD500LC Club
Re: Saying hello
« Reply #450 on: May 28, 2020, 07:51:28 PM »
Check here in the resources pages http://pure2strokespirit.net/
Olivier.
TZR250 2MA & 2XT, RD500s et TZR-V4 building...

andresek

« Reply #451 on: May 29, 2020, 02:52:45 AM »
thanks!

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #452 on: May 29, 2020, 02:00:29 PM »
Hello! my name is andres and I'm from Argentina. I own a 1kt. this is a great place for all of us who want to learn! Thanks a lot.

Welcome Andres - your TZR looks tidy. Did many TZRs arrive in Argentina or any other country in South America? How did you acquire yours? I have heard of Yamaha agent Venemotos in Venezuela, but I don't know whether any TZRs were imported. If you know anything about the history of TZRs in South America, please let us know!

Regards,
James

andresek

« Reply #453 on: May 29, 2020, 04:40:00 PM »
hello james! for a time used units entered the country. you couldn't compare 0km. it is very rare to see tamaha tzr 3xv, but if there is more 1kt. and i think just a rz1. There is a person who has a large collection of Yamahas units in Argentina, you can find him on Facebook. his name is ernesto barello. regards!

Steveog

« Reply #454 on: May 29, 2020, 05:20:06 PM »
hi steve,do you mean previous versions of the forum?

Yes. Its called the "old, old forum", but many of the same experts are there. The TZR's are at least 25 years old, so the basic questions are still very relevant. http://pure2strokespirit.net/archive1/localhost/cgi-bin/ikonboard.html Its semi-interactive. A great resource.

Apparently, there was another Forum between this "old old" version and the one we have now. It was run by a guy named Ash. It mysteriously disappeared. The current Webmaster is ybk and he has posted that this Forum is backed-up on two separate servers. Warwick (Global Admin) may have more intel on the evolution of the this Forum. But, that's what I know. I joined in January of 2018.
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #455 on: May 30, 2020, 04:41:47 AM »
hello james! for a time used units entered the country. you couldn't compare 0km. it is very rare to see tamaha tzr 3xv, but if there is more 1kt. and i think just a rz1. There is a person who has a large collection of Yamahas units in Argentina, you can find him on Facebook. his name is ernesto barello. regards!
Thanks for the info Andres. I'm not a Facebook member, but I did manage to have a look at Ernesto's page - he does have a few Yamahas ;D !

I'm guessing that the Brazilian-made Yamahas were available throughout South America but (as you say) TZR250s were imported later secondhand from Japan. Please keep us updated if you have any more pictures of TZRs in Argentina.

Regards,
James

SouthCoastRich

• Tyro: Last bike I took apart was a ZR50 X1 in 1986
« Reply #456 on: June 15, 2020, 06:09:17 PM »
Hi all

Here's my 3XV8 that I bought just over a month ago without realising there was quite a project lurking there.

I knew the bike had reconditioned cylinders, Wossner pistons and Jackal pipes but hadn't counted on the rest of the "needs some TLC". The list I had to tackle before this rideout today was;

Water pump seal.
Exhaust springs & seals.
Powervalue spacers and seals.
New battery.
New plugs.
Fairing repair & adding heat shielding.
Rear fairing piece.
Fuel tap repair kit.
New fuel cap.
New windscreen.
Original indicator dampers.
New chain & sprockets (rear sprocket and chain still on order!)

Almost everything I have done on this bike is to the credit of you fine folk in the forum, I can't thank you enough, and there's posts on most of the above which I'm sure some of you will recognise!

The best thing is, the bike sounds and smells (Castrol 2T) of the 1980's, but the steering and handling is very much 21st century :)

no smoke no poke

« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2020, 09:42:55 PM »
very nice looking bike u have done a bang up job the eec number plate tickles me as im in eec  ;D

Steveog

« Reply #458 on: June 30, 2020, 03:16:31 AM »
Very nice, Rich.

I’ll skip the welcome because we’ve been communicating for weeks, now. Glad you’re here.

The 3xv is always a work in progress. The joy (for me) is the direct experience of what you’ve developed. Don’t try this with a modern 4T without a machine shop and data analyst.

If you don’t have an SP crank, I recommend one. (New) Yeah, I know its expensive, but it won’t get cheaper. Mine lived through a heat-seize (due to a water line failure) and is still the heart of a strong running bike.

My best.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

SouthCoastRich

• Tyro: Last bike I took apart was a ZR50 X1 in 1986
« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2020, 07:28:20 PM »
very nice looking bike u have done a bang up job the eec number plate tickles me as im in eec  ;D

Thanks smoke - the plate is very 90s :)

Very nice, Rich.

I’ll skip the welcome because we’ve been communicating for weeks, now. Glad you’re here.

The 3xv is always a work in progress. The joy (for me) is the direct experience of what you’ve developed. Don’t try this with a modern 4T without a machine shop and data analyst.

If you don’t have an SP crank, I recommend one. (New) Yeah, I know its expensive, but it won’t get cheaper. Mine lived through a heat-seize (due to a water line failure) and is still the heart of a strong running bike.

My best.

Steve

Thanks Steve :) We have been communicating indeed and thanks for your help getting me on the road with my 3XV. It has been daunting at times and without this forum I probably would have given up!

Interesting idea about the SP crank. The Wossner pistons sort the top end but it’s still the standard bottom end and should be up on standard thanks to the pipes. At least the SP crank is still available- for how long before it’s NLA is a question.... I’ll look into this, cheers!

no smoke no poke

« Reply #460 on: July 01, 2020, 01:16:32 AM »
stay dedicated we need people to keep these beauties alive without us lot these will disappear and that musnt happen theres nothing around like them anymore will be nothing but electric bikes soon throws up