Author Topic: Saying hello  (Read 138930 times)

GT390

Re: Saying hello
« Reply #465 on: August 19, 2020, 11:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the info on the pipes, I noticed they were different to a lot of other 1KT`s pics I found online, but then I found a couple of pics with the same pipes, I had thought maybe some came like that, but it`s good to now know what they actually are. Yes I just want to get it running to see if the engine sounds ok, then maybe I will do the crank and water pump seals I guess, and fresh fluids. I bought the bike without even seeing it ! I heard about it 3 years ago and had made inquiries about it, the guy said he wasn't selling, then last week I bumped into a guy who told me it was maybe for sale, I went around to see the guy and made a deal on the spot, then had to wait 4 days on him getting it out of his shed, it was buried away behind a lot of other stuff. It looked really bad when I went to pick it up and I was thinking maybe I had made a mistake, but after a good wash I was surprised how well it cleaned up.

Steveog

« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2020, 01:32:08 AM »
Welcome to the Forum. Your work on that K1T is crucial to keeping the 2T spirit alive.

I have a 3xv. It’s been a challenge, but when it’s right, there is no other bike I’ve owned that’s gives back the Love with more enthusiasm. I’ve owned 2 R-1’s for comparison.

Resurrecting this bike will be a huge job. My experience: Tear it down to essential pieces. Don’t skip the basics (seals and bearings), get the chassis sorted, tune your motor, then let her rip.

I discovered that starting a “Project” thread with good pictures gets the attention from the veteran/experts here. You WILL benefit from their advice.

My best.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

brido

« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2020, 12:07:04 AM »
Hi everyone just joined the forum recently, thanks for letting me join, oh and I have a tzr250r 3xv,

Steveog

« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2020, 03:00:01 AM »
So do I. You’ve found the right place for friendly, insightful, detailed information.

There are guys here who’ve owned, ridden and modded 3xv’s for at least 15 years.

Read through the 3xv section and projects relating to this bike.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

Botty

« Reply #469 on: October 13, 2020, 08:21:28 PM »
Hi
Thank you for the ad.
I am totally two stroke. I have built many hybrid/specials in the past.
I currently have a Tdr385, Yamagamma 350, Lc hybrid, Tdr250, building a Vj21 with ypvs385 motor.

Just bagged myself a total wreck of a 3ma

I am going to keep this one standard, strip it and build it back up with fresh motor and coatings.

Last on the road in 2001 , found it behind someone’s dust bins.

Muckyal53

« Reply #470 on: October 14, 2020, 02:29:33 AM »
Hey! Started racing again so here for tech advice, parts and general info
In UK.
The glorious North.

autoStinger

• i dunno
« Reply #471 on: October 14, 2020, 11:58:27 AM »

Last on the road in 2001 , found it behind someone’s dust bins.

you lucky **** that's rite up my street. i have vivid dreams about making finds like that. make sure you show us the final product ill be looking forward to it. nice one
rummaging in the rubbish I feel at home

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #472 on: October 14, 2020, 10:50:08 PM »
Nice find Botty,

you have your work cut out there but it looks relatively complete.

You should find all the help and advice you need on here.  :)
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

Alfiestorm

« Reply #473 on: October 19, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
Hi all, I have just joined the site and been having a look about and plenty of info on here.

I have a R1-Z250 I bought from D&K in April last year for 2k and spent a further £800 on rebuilding the engine from the crank up and registration costs.

Since then I have changed the shock for a yss one, Fork springs yss, some cheapo fork brace from Taiwan I say cheapo as it was cheap but actually works very well all I done to it was change the chocolate bolts for proper stainless ones, fitted Martin Johnson chambers with Tyga cans, fitted two 28mm tm carbs from dtr125's I now have air screws for fine adjustment, carbon reeds and removed the air box snorkel. I have set it all up with 260 main jets and 35 pilot jests and needles in standard central position.
The bike runs superb and really does fec of up the road stupidly quick for a 250.
The CDI is the 3xc-00 standard one for my particular model. Fitted a pair of Michelin power rs tyres which are superb.

As far as restoration goes all I have done is what I call an oily rag restomod, mechanically it wants for nothing but cosmetically could do with a revamp but I am not to interested in that yet, I have plans to search out big bore options but not had much luck yet, it seems there is no kits out there for the 1kt engines?

Forgot to add I changed the kilometres speedo for one from a TZR125 it only reeds up to 100mph but is a straight fit into the R1-Z clock casing and I can honestly say yeah mate it goes right off the clock
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 11:50:02 AM by Alfiestorm »
Blue Haze still living the hooligan life

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2020, 02:25:34 AM »
Nice, welcome  :) Looks like you started with the right type of mods (make it handle..)

Those pipes with the tyga cans look real nice 8)

M.Burkal

« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2020, 08:41:14 PM »
Hi all!

I am Magnus, from Copenhagen (Denmark).
Unfortionately, i dont have any pictures as i'm using my work computer. but pictures will follow soon  :)

I just bought a TZR 250, but unfortionately it has been in a bad accident, and the subframe is bent a bid..

I allways have had a passion for twostrokes, and i am running a classic 50cc racing team here in Denmark, with 4 race bike, all of them are from the east german manufacturer Simson.
besides racing, i do have an RD350 from 1973, and a RD400 from 1976 and offcouse also an RD50 from 1980.

Looking forward to write with you all, and have a chat about bikes.

Kind regards

Magnus Zwicky Burkal

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2020, 06:46:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum Magnus, which model TZR have you bought?

LostanFounds

• Fast Bikes...Iconic Bikes...Cool Bikes...
« Reply #477 on: November 10, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
Good Morning & Hello...!
Thought I’d better introduce both me & the new bike for good measure and out of courtesy.
I got into bikes through Dads racing in 70,s & 80's mainly some noisy and awesome bikes of the era.
He raced Sidecars mainly, he had a works Yoshi GSX 1100 at one time if I remember right and also an F2 RD350 which took him to a TT podium with a local passenger named Gary.
My first bike I shared with my brother was a PUCH Magnum 50cc with some porting done and bigger jets so I could keep up with my Dads HondaXL trail bike in Wales. Then due to competition and often fisticuffs with my brothers to ride the thing Dad got hold of an Italjet50 which absolutely flew and a little Pewee 50 too, great fun... Following that I did some schoolboy competition trials in Cheshire & N.Wales on a twin shock 2-stroke Yam TY175.
I started an apprenticeship in 92 and was commuting on a Cub90 with 50 badges before I bought a grey import Honda cbr400 NC23  which was great fun racing our kid on his RGV250. This probably gave me an insight into Pure 2-Stroke power-bands.
I took up Sidecar passengering and would still fit it in if time allows without work getting in the way. My two brothers still race 🏁 doing well too. I now own a couple of bikes, including Triumph, Suzuki, Honda and now Yamaha’s again.
After racing Bandits and NC30’s with similar Bhp, I was on track often with a few ‘Blue Smokers’ and (during practices) would sit in behind them to recall the smells of my youth. Amazing that my enthusiasm for 2-strokes remained when I was seriously scratching to keep up with the Yams & Suzuki’s during the F400 & Forgotten era races.
Well if you can’t beat them, I thought....
So after much searching I first bought a RD350YPVS in surprisingly good nick as I wanted to give my Dad another project that helped him recover from a recent heart-scare.
Then a classic RD250 Aircooled rocket and now a Japan import TZR250 1KT...87..?
I’m really tempted to put the TZR on track but most likely it’ll just be a great little road bike... Looks like a lot of work just to clean the Yam up...!
Already realised some bits missing are also now obsolete but that’s half the challenge right..?
So I’m here to get some sound advice and guidance with the build.
I’m not brilliant at computers so apologies for the crap pics when added (DK specials).
I'll read on and reply as and when I'm not up to my elbows in oil...
Cheers,
SteveF...

teezer250

• NO TZR250 1KT 1986 ANY MORE
« Reply #478 on: November 10, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum,there is plenty of information on here about the 1KT as I had 2 of them until the beginning of June when I sold my second one.
I still have some parts for sale on here and ebay and various other parts not listed.
I am in Denton,about 2 miles from you.

LostanFounds

• Fast Bikes...Iconic Bikes...Cool Bikes...
« Reply #479 on: November 11, 2020, 10:05:13 AM »
Hey Teezer,
Denton, good to hear pal.
Yep, the build is gonna be a challenge.
Just finding space for the build and still collecting stuff all over...!
I’ll check out the Ebay stuff to thanks for the message... 👍🏼.
Ste.