Author Topic: 3xv: Project Phoenix  (Read 172203 times)

Steveog

Re: 3xv: Project Phoenix
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2019, 01:47:07 AM »
Damn. I thought this solution was pretty creative. HA. Truth often hurts.

Yes, Warwick your suggestion would be ideal. I wish I had a large collection of carb parts. But, I’ve only been “collecting” for a bit over a year.

This specific kit doesn’t resemble the upper carb’s adjuster much. As I stated, it was made for a Banshee. But, was an inexpensive solution.

My thinking is, if I can get this to work with a new throttle control for at least two more track days, I might consider a 32 or 36mm carb mod over winter.

Sorting out the 28’s is priority one. I’m very close on the mains, need to get tick-over and smooth pick-up, as it was with the -00 box about this time, last year.

Thanks for your honest assessment of my current options. It may not be ideal, but clears the way for proper throttle cables and normal idle adjustments.

I did compare the “kit” to the OEM adjuster. The OEM is a tighter thread pitch..more accurate. But, the kit fits my current budget and strategy.

Tuning in the Zeel is all part of this, of course.

I’ve reset the pilot’s to #15 and needles to #3 clip position. Even though richer, trackside tuning showed that “leaner” was wrong.

I do have a large selection of springs. I’ll see what can be done internally, but didn’t intend this to be a permanent solution...unless it worked.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2019, 08:44:33 AM »
Ha! Sorry if it came over a little abruptly, Steve. I was dashing a quick post out on my way out the door... So long as you effectively gain control of the slide stop so that the slide's not simply hanging on the cable at rest it will be a useful improvement over what you had before I'm sure.   8) (-P)
Still Smoking...

Steveog

« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2019, 05:22:13 PM »
Hey, thanks Warwick. Your comment didn't seem abrupt at all. My first sentence was meant as a joke. I have bodged-up several mods that work, but need a bit more careful engineering. The throttle cable being one, recently.

I much prefer honest critiques to "feel good sunshine."

The video shows that the slide adjuster works. That lock-nut with an o-ring should hold the nose of the adjuster in place on the slide. I'll post the results once its all together. I'm ordering up the throttle cable today. I've decided to save a few bucks and go with the single cable/single splitter solution. Also, many more options for quicker turn throttle tubes. Your detailed write-up on using the TZ pieces with the 28mm carbs was very helpful in making this decision.

Steve

Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.