Author Topic: 92 SP / R Mix  (Read 6966 times)

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
Re: 92 SP / R Mix
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2017, 05:41:16 PM »
Thanks ever so much for the pictures!

http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=170.165

Have a quick look at that, pistons had only done a few hundred miles and spun a ring.

Dan

ybk

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 09:59:56 AM »
Would love to strip the top end and make sure it's all good but to find time nowadays  :( The SP now has done 1000km and mine 2000km. All good so far. I'll replace the top end at 5000km I thought.

Had the Sugo exhausts chemically stripped and powder coated satin black. I like the way it turned out, as a bonus they're now completely carbon free on the inside.  ^-^

ybk

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Put the spr 32mm carbs on finally. Had to swap over the tps sensor as the spr connector is different than the R and I dont want to cut the loom. Couldnt match resistance measurements exactly though (at 0% throttle and 100% throttle but should be ok i think.) Full throttle is around 10000ohm and 0 throttle around 40000ohm on the multimeter..if I read the multimeter correctly ??? :P

Anyway it runs ok, massive flat spot/stumble between 8 and 10, I'll drop the needle and or mains a notch to see if clears up. After the flat spot it hauls though :)

Think I figured out why the midrange is so bad, seems the PV moves to wide open right after you pull away and stays that way..at least as long as I could look at the pv while riding :o Maybe I have the cables the wrong way round. Will need to investigate..

jcsnook

« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
 Excellent!  (-P) 8) :)
If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

ybk

« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2017, 08:36:55 PM »
 1 step forward 3 back.. 3 hours skinning knuckles on the thing and now it runs worse  ?:-| :'( ..if i have to take the carbs off one more time..

The thing that bothers me the most is the PV that opens fully and seems to stay fully open for the rest of the festivities. This would likely affect the midrange a tad :-\ It cycles normally when switching on, settling on fully closed lined up with the cylinder notches. After pulling away it opens fully :(

According to the 3xv-80 cdi /pv readout ( http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=679.msg48599#msg48599 ) it's supposed to be fully open on startup then closed shortly after then open at 7k rpm only. Hopefully it's not a bung cdi :-\

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 08:38:50 PM by ybk »

ybk

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2017, 08:19:41 PM »
Summary up to now...Got the R carbs working OK and did a few track days. Seat of pants dyno says the midrange is weak but more peak than a stock R. Then I put in a set of SPR 32mm's + matching airboxes. Bum dyno says maybe a bit more peak but same lack of midrange  ?:-|. This makes it tricky to ride, ie, getting power coming out of corners. At least it's now turbine smooth!

So my theory is it's probably to do with the powervalves or something other than carbs. Either that or the whole frankenstein bke is just completely mismatched  :(  A buddy will jet it down slightly to see what that does. Apart from that development will stop now as I'm off to NZ..

There are some projects waiting there at least, a SPR and a 3xv8, along with a pile of parts (badly stored unfortunately so it's gonna be a big recommission). And a track bike if possible  :P

« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:26:39 PM by ybk »

ybk

« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2018, 06:21:13 AM »
OK so another chapter actually. Scored some real SP powervalves. Will chuck these in and see what they do. These split in the middle unlike the one piece R valves so the shape has to be quite different.  (Or I'm pretty sure)

Toop

• Iwata sur Loire - France
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
Like some YZ125, 2VN (1988) and other  ;) ;)