Author Topic: Coolest track day of 2016 - Date Now Confirmed please read this to Book!!!  (Read 21370 times)

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Re: Coolest track day of 2016 - Date Now Confirmed please read this to Book!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »
We have our first KR-1s member on board ..... which for me is bloody awesome. I cut my teeth on a £500 KS-1s and it was the fastest track bike I ever had until the TZ. Brilliant
1 x TDR250 Black N Yellow
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Re: Coolest track day of 2016 - Date Now Confirmed please read this to Book!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »
24 Booked in Boys,

That's a Bloody good result, Still time to book up today and get that discount........
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
And on the last day of Discount 26 make that 27!!!! peeps booked in to the two stroke group, thats allot of oil burning!!!!!

No Limits MAY continue with the Discount but yesterday was the official end date of the discount for early birds.

Still going to be a Mega day thanks to all for your support, Worul like to see a few more TZr's please
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:05:00 AM by rc46 »
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

mellorp

• Manchester
27 - That's going to be wonderful
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Make that 29  8) Although one of tem is a confirmed Diesel   :-X
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

steveo

Did you just say diesel? Mmmmm????
RD350LC 4L0
TZR250 3MA
TZ250A 3TC
TZR250 2MA

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Apparently he is quick very quick, Not sure a ZXR400 down the straight is much threat to a TZ250 @ 85 bhp with 105kgs???? LOL but we will see, I know they are quick and easy bikes to ride.....
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

Malc

Why don't you ask the YPM boys to join in?
Approximately 17 or 18 YPM TZRs will be at Donington on the 24th of this month. Should be a hoot! Intermediates with No Limits if anyone fancies joining us!

mellorp

• Manchester
Why don't you ask the YPM boys to join in?
Approximately 17 or 18 YPM TZRs will be at Donington on the 24th of this month. Should be a hoot! Intermediates with No Limits if anyone fancies joining us!
As the TV crew helicopter pilot in Die Hard 2 says, "I'm crazy man but I ain't that crazy..."

bikehound

Hi , This is my first post on the Forum, which I have to say is very well received as a fountain of knowledge on the running and enjoyment of this fickle machines. I have just booked the track day at Donnington Park. This will be my first track day ever and I am no spring chicken.
I riding a completely stock 3MA, will I be a bit out of my league ? are you all bringing out and out track bikes that are supper quick.
Perhaps some of you who have ridden at previous track days could give me some tips on bike prep for the day etc.
I do think however Its going to be a fantastic opportunity to meet everyone, not to mention seeing the bikes doing there thing !
Thanks to everyone involved .
Neal. ( Bucks )

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Brilliant!!!!! Welcome Welcome, you have indeed come to the right place...

Another 3ma on track is excellent, you are in very good company and not all of us are spring chickens either, We are bringing along a mix of track and road bikes and most of us will just be wobbling round enjoying our bikes, we are all in the novice group for a reason, so we can all go at our own pace,

Ill update this list .....

Look forward to meeting you,

As for getting track ready, Check brakes work well, pads are good, check for leaks, and make sure your tyres are good, tyre pressure for a warm day run around 29 front and 30 psi rear.... apart from that just turn up and have fun, instructors will be on hand to show you round IF you want but i dont think you will need it....

Cheers
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

bikehound

Thank for your tips,
                                 Do you recommend removing any road equip,or just not bother.
I have been so used to being on the other side of the wire fence at classic race meetings that its going to be awesome to be out on track,
even if it is to wobble round as you put it !

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
Maybe take mirrors off as you don't want to be distracted. One of the best lines I ever heard from a track day organiser was "look after the man in front don't worry about the man behind he is watching you" it means you will be in good company and we will only come past if it's safe to do so.  Otherwise just bring her along. We are a good bunch. The rgv guys are always well behaved and respect is high. You will be fine and I am chuffed to bits we have another 3MA attending.....
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go

mellorp

• Manchester
Welcome and it's great that another 3MA is coming along. Getting a road bike ready for a 1st track day is simple. Stick oil and petrol in and away you go. The 3MA is good to go not like some big daft diesel that needs all sorts checking.
You might want to give it a service,
plugs and gearbox oil,
air filter
properly adjusted and lubed chain,
make sure the brakes are in good condition i.e. not binding
If you want to put a bit more into it then
if your tyres are past their best go for a new set
clutch action smooth
Have a think about the suspension, are you getting full smooth movement
What you don't want is to have to think about the bike, concentrate on the track and your surroundings not fighting your bike into corners

It will be a great day with many different bikes and abilities. It's a track day NOT a race (well not 'til I get the 3XV out before Paul says anything !!!!)

rc46

• Peterborough, UK
And yet more bikes booked in,,,, Im waiting on the Chaps at Webbs Yamaha in Eye and Lincoln to see if they will be coming Spoke to Steve on Saturday and he wants to bring his TZ and 3ma 500 conversion!!!!! but yet to be confirmed!!!!
1 x TD3 Ready to Go
1 x TZ250N Ready to Go