Author Topic: 3XV definitely a project  (Read 2449 times)

ukblade

3XV definitely a project
« on: June 13, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
Hello again, I haven't been on for a couple of years since restoring a 3MA but my mate has sold me a 3XV (dry clutch) thats been at the back of his garage for many years but was running when put away.
Two problems though,
1st, we can't find the key, whats the best way of trying to get one cut?
2nd, its missing most of the panels so thinking of going down the Chinese bodywork kit route, are these still available, if so, any recommendations.
Really enjoyed doing the 3MA so I'm hoping this will be as much fun.
Cheers Mark.

liffy16

• oswestry shropshire
Re: 3XV definitely a project
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 12:27:49 AM »
Welcome may have to change ignition barrel think you have to have a key to copy when cutting another? Chinese bodyworks okay quite a few on here used them

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:18:41 AM »
Welcome, post up some pics ? A good locksmith can maybe make a key if they take the barrel apart?

Have a look at this pdf, http://pure2strokespirit.net/redandblueftp/download/keys_schluessel_3MA-3XV.pdf

Maybe you can figure out which blank yours uses, that should give a locksmith a good starting point.

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 11:07:38 PM »
I probably have a complete lock set with key (ignition sw, tank cap, seat latch) if interested PM me

need to be quick as I fly out to UK Sunday and could probably bring with me. BUT I need to go find them.........
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

ukblade

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 05:46:47 PM »
Getting on well over the last month, got replacement keys cut, finally got the carbs cleaned and it now starts and runs, sounds great, never realised how noisy a dry clutch is though!
Going to stick some new carb needle seats and main jets in as front pot is running 220, so will go back to a 270 and work down again should it need it.
Trial run on fitting the Chinese bodywork, definitely going to need tweaking but then at £350 delivered who's going to argue about having to spend a bit of time making the odd adjustment.
Not sure on the design as I left it to the guys in China, all I said was I wanted black/red/white and speedblocks.
It'll do for now though and as I didn't have any bodywork at all, it's certainly an improvement.

No.406

• Lee
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »
Looks fine, certainly better than no plastics, anyway.  I'm thinking of going with Chinese panels as well - how was the fitment with yours?  Any snags?
1991 TRZ250R | 3XV-047***

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »
Nice pipes 8)

thump566

• Site Supporter
  • NW London, UK
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 09:22:26 PM »
My 3xv1 came with partial bodywork and have obtained a few more panels from eBay but most are scuffed or cracked so I too went down the Chinese route but have yet to fit them or even get them all out of the packaging so far.
[attach id=0 msg=55645][attach id=1 msg=55645]
Forever a student attempting to learn from the Mentors.