Author Topic: It has arrived with and ready to be sent to the UK.  (Read 12592 times)

morepower

Re: It has arrived with and ready to be sent to the UK.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2018, 01:04:44 AM »
My best mate came over earlier to have a look at the TZR. He has seen the NSR before but never ridden it so it was a good time to let him take them both for a back to back spin up the lane. He took the TZR up the lane first and had 3 little runs as its only a short stretch. He came back with a big smile on his face. The first two runs there and back were quite smokey but the third run at about half way up the road the bike started to sound quite a bit more "sporty" and crisp. It does need a good run to clear it out but it was enough to make him smile.. He usually prefers 600cc sport bikes and the 15,000rpm they let him use. But the little TZR made him want to try it out on track.

SO I pulled out the NSR and after a little mistake of not telling him the NSR was race shift pattern... He came back after another 3 runs and the one thing he said was "The Black one...." (TZR)... The NSR was OK he said but the TZR was just throwing gears at it and he hit about 90mph and I think he loves the TZR. Hell I have a feeling he may want to take the next one which is due out soon and keep it for himself...

For me at least I know the new chains fitted to both bikes are on OK... haha..
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Aprilia RS250 full carbon projects X2 Sucker for a project.
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2018, 11:17:16 AM »
That's most peoples impression of back to back rides with the NSR and another 2 stroke. The Honda has a lot more linear power delivery with less of a step into the power band. The NSR feels lazy and laid back. It's a typical Honda which I guess is why it's less exciting to ride but still as quick if not quicker than the 3MA. Unrestricted power is about the same, in fact restricted they are (supposedly) identical !!!!
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

morepower

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »
I need to sort out a GPS laptimer for the track. That will show where it is stronger or weaker. I was looking at the ones with lean angle as part of the data.  I am now really looking forward to the red and white TZR coming as it has the 17 inch rear wheel already fitted and the Alpha racing pipes so I would hope it is set up and is at least as powerful as an unrestricted one.

I do love the way the NSR looks and now it has the F3 link plates fitted it has a more aggressive stance. I just need to weigh the front/rear balance to see if it is too much. I like to have 51 to 52% front balance static.
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

morepower

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »
Bodywork off to get the scuffs and cracks sorted as well as put on the hinge section which broke off and thanks to Chubba I now have to be plastic welded into place... The tank will be fully resprayed just to stop the rust from getting worse.

The fuel tank tap is being replaced as I have a brand new one and I can be sure it is not clogged with crap too. The down side is the rubber hoses were hard like plastic so snapped when I took the tank off. Luckily Yamaha still do them so I have ordered all new genuine Yamaha fuel lines. When I took the bodywork off I also found the small but of rubber that acts as a bumper between the exhaust and side panel was missing on one side and Yamaha still do that so I have one of those on order too.

The other job I need to do while the bodywork is being sorted is to remove the lower airbox and clean out the perished air filter element which must have fallen into the bottom of the air box. I removed what was left and have fitted a brand new genuine filter but need to clean it what I can elsewhere. So looks like that means rad off and all fresh coolant too. All of that will help with replacing the fuel lines though so its good to do it all in one hit....
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

chubba

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »
There are 2 tiny filters in the fuel lines, one on each carb they need checking/cleaning if there still in there

morepower

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2018, 07:58:45 PM »
There are 2 tiny filters in the fuel lines, one on each carb they need checking/cleaning if there still in there

Those will be done when I remove the pipes. The big mesh filter on the tank fuel tap is part of the new tap so that will be done as part of the swap. At least then I have spare taps just in case the next one has any issues or I can make sure these are clean and swap them over on to the next bike.
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2018, 09:46:02 AM »
To avoid having to take the rad off every time most 3ma owners cut the bottom half of the airbox tubes then rejoin them with silicone hose.

If you need another bottom airbox for chopping to save your good one let me know. I have several spare and you could have one for £15 posted.

Cheers,

Dan

morepower

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »
I dont plan on taking this one apart too often..... Haha..... But I may end up doing that on the next one. I need to see what has been done to it when it arrives....

Thanks for the offer.... It may be a good idea to have one as a spare....
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

morepower

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 12:46:33 PM »
Nova sorted now.. Just filled in a simple form and the shipping agent sorted the rest... All seems quite easy so far..
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

morepower

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2018, 01:38:03 AM »
With the bodywork at the painters now and I have had an enforced day off today waiting for some fuel tank breathers for some work I am doing. I decided to take the rear subframes off so I can either paint them of have them powder coated. I think paint may be the best option to keep the front part of the subframe original. The black one seems to be quite thick so powder coating may be fine on that one.

I need to do some more cleaning but on the pipes and down in the back of the engine where dirt has just gathered over the years. But it looks like the spend on the bike to get it back like new will be quite cheap as most of it just needs a soda blast and a good clean up.Paint will be the major expense... Not looking forward to that bill.... lol

Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

Camel

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 02:06:18 AM »
You got a great bike there mister!
Keep posting pictures of your progress!
tz 250 3ak

morepower

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2018, 01:21:51 PM »
Progress is on hold... The wheels and bodywork are at the painters so I cant even move the bike... Another 4 to 6 weeks I think before it all comes back.. I have stripped the rear subframes, exhaust caps and about to do the fairing mount so it can go for powder coating. I am now just waiting for the other 2 bikes to arrive and finishing decorating the kitchen as well as way too much work I have lined up due to one company needing me to juggle work round for a project they are doing which has to be finished for the end of the month.  So today I am sorting out some materials and supplies to go over there to do a video and photo shoot for them with me making their parts....
Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155

morepower

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 02:19:21 AM »
Subframe is back.... Just a dry fit as I want to just get a few more bolts sorted or replaced with a few new ones....

The silencer caps have been done now too and I am going to  lacquer them to make them look even closer to original..

Current bikes..
Yamaha R1 2000
Yamaha 3MA3
Honda NS250R
Honda NSR250RK MC18
Suzuki RG250 Mk1
Ayrton Xtrema Pro 155