Author Topic: Decal Kits  (Read 1140 times)

Cruising-Blue

Decal Kits
« on: October 30, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »
Hi all,

I've tracked down a supplier of after-market decal kits: Emanuel & Co. based in Italy and offered through Amazon.it - does anyone have any experience?  They offer a vast range, but I am personally interested in the 3XV "RS" kit:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01JAPDBAQ/ref=pe_3310731_185740161_TE_item

The price seems to be reasonable, so I've decided to bite-the-bullet and order one!

I will advise on the quality when I receive it...

Clive
3XV4 R
3XV8 RS

ybk

Re: Decal Kits
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:32:54 AM »
Interesting, please let us know how it turns out! The same selling picture is used by this yahoo jp seller:

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/zbd2hnjd_fht46u9gd;_ylt=A7dPGOQaePlZrnkApqOhGzx8?p=tzr&auccat=&aq=-1&oq=&ei=UTF-8&anchor=1&slider=0

It may be the same product.. Either way let us know once you get it, I would like to see the shape of the nose cone numberboard  :)

TZRtim

• One day ill own a 3xv ...3ma...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »
Nice find indeed cb , the ability to custumise colours is very sweet too !!! Hope there good quality ill snap a set up once you have given all clear . Cheers ;D
May the wind blow light and your groups shoot tight - UKV...  Biker and shooter for life ...

Cruising-Blue

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:21:38 PM »
So the kit arrived and here are my initial findings:

The decal panels are not as well cut as originals and are also slightly smaller than the originals - I would say 97%? of the original size
The vinyl feels high quality and the colours look good and are quoted as UV resistant etc.
I checked out their application video and the advice is to apply with a heat gun (not soapy water etc.)
The vinyl is very tough and can be stuck / re-positioned numerous times before being "fixed" with the application of heat (bubble-free guarantee!)
The vinyls are able conform to tight, complex curves without tearing - full adhesion is achieved 24 hours after heating
I don't think the "Pure Two Stroke Spirit" font is 100% correct in terms of size, shape, or colour
The "YAMAHA" characters on lower side fairings are not quite 100% in terms of aspect ratio, but certainly passable
The "triangular" decals for the nose fairing were sent in white instead of red, but the company (Emanuel & Co.) has agreed to replace these
In summary, I'm pleased with the purchase (personally I really like the "turquoise" & "yellow" RS colour scheme) and I'm sure the end result will be pleasing and look quite "authentic" when applied to newly base-painted fairings..hopefully sometime next year!
I'll try and post some piccies at the weekend...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:26:00 PM by Cruising-Blue »
3XV4 R
3XV8 RS

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:28:39 AM »
Image Works in Derby next time.....
Mellion say If it ain't broke thrash it until it breaks

casal-fan

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 01:51:25 PM »
Butting in here as well.
A mate told me about some new generation decals. They are micro-perfurated wich allows for correct and easy placement of the decals without water or airgun.
Here is my mates latest creation using those decals. Unfortunetly not a TZR, but his interpretation of how a modern RGV should look like... and this is not photoshop, real deal all the way with 72HP Förster engine and jollys.

Wonder if these can be made for tzrs.

Devmeister

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »
Image Works in Derby next time.....

I wish, they couldn't do one for a 3MA SP......

chubba

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »
Nor my 3ma 3

Cruising-Blue

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:14:56 PM »
Here are some images of the decals from Emanuel & Co.  The incorrect white nose fairing triangular decals, as originally supplied, were replaced with correct red items within a couple of days of notification.  Very good communication with the supplier and overall I'm very pleased with the quality and value for money...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:28:21 PM by Cruising-Blue »
3XV4 R
3XV8 RS

TZRtim

• One day ill own a 3xv ...3ma...
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 06:35:23 PM »
Would really love to see a few photo of these fitted ? Assuming you have them all fitted and body work on ? Cheers
May the wind blow light and your groups shoot tight - UKV...  Biker and shooter for life ...

ybk

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 01:28:14 AM »
Have you gotten round to fitting these?

Cruising-Blue

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »
Sadly not... A garage full of bikes needing various levels of TLC / rebuild, only being able to work outside and a long UK winter has slowed progress somewhat... The bike is now a runner though, so original fairings are going on for now in order to get the bike on-the-road this summer... The way this year is looking, I think resprayed fairings + new decals will be a project for 2019!
3XV4 R
3XV8 RS