Author Topic: WTB: 2MA Intake Rubbers  (Read 624 times)

evan_calgary

WTB: 2MA Intake Rubbers
« on: December 08, 2017, 04:14:23 AM »
Looking for a pair of intake rubbers in good shape.  Shipping to Canada.

teezer250

• 2 x TZR250 1KT's 1986
Re: WTB: 2MA Intake Rubbers
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 06:48:40 PM »
Be aware that the ones on Yambits,the oil pipe spigots are straight up and not at right angles like the genuine ones.
You might not be able to remove the spigots and replace with the old right angled ones from the originals.
A member on here bought 2 sets and regrets buying them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:52:40 PM by teezer250 »

semaj

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
I was me I think.  In addition to the oil pipes being incorrect the balance pipe needed cutting and reshaping due to the metal flange intruding into the rubber. Also the rubber to metal bonding is very inaccurate. Thought they were a bit cheap at the time, now know why! Complete waste of money unless they have  upped their quality control.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:36:33 PM »
Last time i checked not to long ago they was available new from Yamaha for the 1kt. The easy way to know is go on to Yamaha japan website and go to the parts search.

It will allow you to search real time what parts are available new from Yamaha. If it's available you'll get a price in yen.

I just use the PC version but it requires IE 10 to work.

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
Last time i checked not to long ago they was available new from Yamaha for the 1kt. The easy way to know is go on to Yamaha japan website and go to the parts search.

It will allow you to search real time what parts are available new from Yamaha. If it's available you'll get a price in yen.

I just use the PC version but it requires IE 10 to work.

Yes, that's right - still available from Yamaha at 5778 Yen each. Part numbers are:

Left - 1KT-13555-02
Right - 1KT-13565-02

Regards,
James

evan_calgary

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »
Thanks for the help guys.

I checked with my local dealer and they wanted $200CAD each (100GBP) so I ended up buying new out of Japan from an eBay seller.  Amazing how much more supple the new rubber is.  If they are available that cheaply from Yamaha Japan I suspect the seller was buyer form dealer and reselling. 

funny how much more my local dealer wanted.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:05 PM »
Don't forget to check webike for oem parts from japan they've been pretty good and are quick.