Author Topic: My TZM 150 build  (Read 2013 times)

SeaR1ck

Re: My TZM 150 build
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:20 AM »
Not much more and it will be a whole bike.

No.406

• Lee
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »
Did you consider having the wheels redone to a more conventional color?  :P  O0

Otherwise, looking good.  (-P)
1991 TRZ250R | 3XV-047***

SeaR1ck

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 06:47:56 PM »
It's a 1994 that's classic mid 90's color schemes for ya. Funny that my friends at first was knocking on the purple too now that I got tires on the rims. They've suddenly taken a liking to them.

I will eventually do an upgrade to the bike 2ma swingarm swap with 2xt forks n triple clamps and 2xt wheels front n rear. Then I'll have the wheels painted black part of what I've been doing is comparing the parts for fitment.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 06:03:19 AM »
Got the clutch cover back on the water pump with new seal n gasket. Oil pump mounted with new seals using tygon yellow lines so can see the oil in the lines.

Had the rear set mounts vapor blasted got them back on and initially mounted. Got the head stay mounted and the clutch cable back on.

I painted the clutch cover myself and did the white lettering. My new moto batt battery came in so did an initial test of the rear lights.

The ypvs motor does it's cycle and I could get the rear light to work when using the brake levers. The rear turns signals turn on thinking the rear light wouldn't turn on in running mode cause the head light isn't mounted yet. 

Just waiting for some rubber grommets to come in and can get the radiator mounted.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 07:04:00 AM »
So testing out the lights I was wondering if the bike needs to be running to work all of the lights. Ground is good and battery is new and charged up.

Lights that work :

Rear brake light : only when brake is Applied front or rear lever. Does not switch on when switch is in on position in running mode.

Turn signals : turn on and flash and on the indicator on the instrument cluster.

Oil light: is on

Neutral light: is on

Head light: does not turn on when switch is turned on.

Instrument speedo rpm temp lights : also not turning on.

I cleaned the connection plug in for the left switch gear on the harness and pulled the switch gear apart and cleaned it. But everything looked clean to begin with.

Wiring is not plugged in wrong the ypvs motor cycles. The bulbs look good look brand new. Tested the ground and that is also good.

I was wondering if maybe the bike has to be running to power the lights? The front bulb is a H4 45 watt maybe the battery to weak to turn it on?

The harness only has one ground off the coil mount gonna add another one to the frame.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:39:30 AM by SeaR1ck »

tzr-v4

• South West of France
    • French RD500LC Club
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »
On my DTR200 roughly similar engine and era... Road lights need the engine to be running as they are powered directly by the light coil on the stator so it is alternative current not rectified voltage. RPM has an impact on lighting.

Olivier.
TZR250 2MA & 2XT, RD500s et TZR-V4 building...

No.406

• Lee
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 10:28:44 AM »
Mostly confirming what you already know, as your experience with these bikes is more extensive than my own:
Rear brake light : only when brake is Applied front or rear lever. Does not switch on when switch is in on position in running mode.  Should have a running lamp, shouldn't it?  Maybe one filament gone in the bulb?

Turn signals : turn on and flash and on the indicator on the instrument cluster. That's as it should be, yes?

Oil light: is on Should be lit while in neutral, then shuts off when put in gear (if oil reservoir isn't low).

Neutral light: is on Correct, unless trans is in gear (obviously).

Head light: does not turn on when switch is turned on. With most small bikes, engine has to be actually spinning for it to light.

Instrument speedo rpm temp lights : also not turning on. Hmmm... dunno.  Fuse?

The fact that the bike is small and intended to be low-priced in it's home market means it's going to have a small battery, ergo all but the essential electrical functions will require the engine to be spinning.

Unless we've got someone who has a TZM150 that can serve as a reference, there's really only one way to be sure... so fire the thing up already and answer your own questions!  :))
1991 TRZ250R | 3XV-047***

SeaR1ck

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
Okay that's what I thought just wanted to ask while it's still easy to get to the wiring.
Wasn't sure cause my friends nsr150sp the lights switch on when you turn it on but it also has much smaller bulbs.

I'm still waiting for rubber grommets to come in before I can mount the radiator before running it.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 07:37:55 AM »
Solved my turn signals problem the flasher relay was bad new one fixed it.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2018, 06:26:44 AM »
My grommets finally came so did the new chain. Got the brakes bled the old fluid was crap but they are super strong now with motul rbf600 brake fluid.

Got the radiator back on and the hoses all the cables etc all mounted. Got the tail plastics back on and pipe.

Just need to put engine oil in the crank case and top up the radiator. Then the airbox can go on with the gas tank can finally test run it soon.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 06:28:44 AM »
Front view

SeaR1ck

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 06:30:15 AM »
Rear view

SeaR1ck

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 06:31:53 AM »
Side rear view

ybk

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:44 AM »
Very nice, these 150's are cool, purple wheels and all. Nothing like the 90's color schemes 8)

And I agree RBF600 is great brake fluid, use it in my track bikes. Got some RBF660 for the next track bike.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2018, 11:11:32 PM »
It's all back together and running now just need better weather here.