Author Topic: My TZM 150 build  (Read 20489 times)

SeaR1ck

Re: My TZM 150 build
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »
Finally got to take it i had to rebuild the front brake caliper but everything is working good now. Just taking it easy still only put 6 miles on it now. I'm running one of those kph to mph converters on the speedo.  I think a pipe n silencer is gonna happen soon.

Also will be updating the carb it has a mikuni VM 30mm. I was thinking a mikuni TM i can only find 28mm sizes forsale will have to get it bored out to 30mm. The 32mm is based off the 34 and i think it won't fit the reed block manifold looks to large.

James P

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »
Also will be updating the carb it has a mikuni VM 30mm. I was thinking a mikuni TM i can only find 28mm sizes forsale will have to get it bored out to 30mm. The 32mm is based off the 34 and i think it won't fit the reed block manifold looks to large.

If you want a 30mm flat-slide carb, you could try the Mikuni "TMX30", as fitted to DT200WR, WR200, DT230 etc. The spigot size is the same as the TM28SS (or at least close enough for easy fit). There is also an aftermarket version (i.e. non-OEM Yamaha) which I presume is near identical (https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/carburettor+mikuni+tmx+30+_40070000).

Regards,
James

SeaR1ck

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 06:09:34 AM »
It's got 100 miles on it now I haven't gotten it up to max speed yet. The fastest I've taken it up to is 75mph at 10k in 5th gear.

Most of the roads i ride it on are 35 to 45mph and it will easily cruise up to 60mph. It handles good very flickable in the corners. Had me laughing on my one fav road section. This up hill or down thats a couple miles long that has back to back 10 mph corners. On my 250s it takes more english to hit the corners the 150 carved them up like a bicycle.

I just bought a aftermarket racing exhaust for it should help it breathe better knock off some weight too. The y y pang brand my friend got one for his nsr 150 earlier in the year it's good quality. It was on sale for $64 usd shipping was more at $93.

Ergo's wise it's like the 1kt in seating and handle bar position and size wise.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:13:19 AM by SeaR1ck »

SeaR1ck

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:57 AM »
My yy pang exhaust showed up today that was fast shipping. It's considerably lighter than the stock exhaust. Build quality is easily comparable to tyga.

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2018, 05:49:53 AM »
That's a real nice looking pipe.  (-P)

SeaR1ck

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »
Got it mounted up it has to be a good 5lbs lighter than the stock setup. Sounds much better now sounds like a real smoker should. Fitment is good went on easy only change i made was the center bolt. I used a shorter bolt with two fender washers on each side of the mounting tab to stabilize it better.

It doesn't use the thick rubber grommet mount style like the stock pipe.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 08:55:12 AM »
Finally got to take it out and test the pipe it pulls much better now. It was a day of 150's my friend finally broke out his nsr150sp which is pretty much stock cept for a tyga pipe and rear sets and yss shock.

The tzm is a bit bigger in size compared to the nsr the tzm bars have a wider stance. Everything is a little more closer to how a bigger bike feels. Both bikes have the same tyres mounted.

Performance wise they are very similar power handling etc.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2019, 05:55:40 AM »
A bit of a thread resurrecting just got this yss rear shock for it and some adjustable preload fork caps. Stock were non adjustable fork caps.

cordeiro1995

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2020, 02:22:33 AM »
Nice bike man  (-P)
Drive crazy, but with carefull at the same time :D

Steveog

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2020, 02:36:27 AM »
Very nice, Rick.

Can you reveal the vendor for the shock? Track days cancelled, equals a few bucks for improvements.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2020, 05:19:41 AM »
It's a YSS shock i got it through this shop in socal called the beemer shop. It's not their best shock there was only one option for the tzm. It's a remote res preload adjust only. I figured it has to be better than the oem pogo stick that weighs considerably more.

I went with the beemer shop in socal they are a current u.s. distributor for yss. They quoted me $289 vs the $348 some east coast distributor quoted me. The beemer shop was great to work with it. Took a couple of weeks to get the shock it was custom made and sprung for my weight.

Steve - since you've been asked about shocks if price wasn't a problem. I myself would go with the nitron. My friend has a nitron on his rvf400 the one with the remote res and comp/reb clickers.

Work of art it is even comes with remote res hose you can swivel the res without unbolting it. He also added and swapped out the fork internals with some of the matris ones. Serious bling but it transforms the suspension and handling.

On my friends current kr1s build he got a wilburs shock. It's like the YSS maybe a little bit nicer. It's remote res hose wasn't a swivel type like the nitron came with. He had to get one made for the wilburs shock.

They say that the YSS was started by an ex wilbur tech and they are made in Thailand.

Steveog

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2020, 06:34:11 PM »
Excellent report, Rick. Lots of good intel. Unfortunately, price IS a roadblock to the high-end shocks. I found the Ohlins YA-304 on Ebay, but at $1300 plus shipping from France its just way too much. Those shocks are out of production and very rare, but specific to the 3xv. Nitron and Maxton are at similar price points.

The YSS was recommended as a mid-level upgrade.

I'll contact the Beemer shop. Maybe they can help. A YSS with stiffer spring, remote reservoir and rebound adjustment only would be major improvement in my world.

Thanks again.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

alexei

• TZM (4AP/4HF) 150cc
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2021, 07:28:29 AM »
@SeaR1ck nice bike. How is it going today? I just ordered RK 428GXW 132L (XW-ring) chains for mine.

@Steveog hope you found your shocks. If not, YSS model code MZ366-265TR-15 for the 3XV.
LENGTH- 265
TOP- 10x30
BOTTOM- 12x25
SPRING- 46-100-150
PISTON SIZE (MM.)- 36
SHAFT SIZE (MM.)- 16
Rebound only
TZM (4AP/4HF) Malaysia

SeaR1ck

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2022, 06:16:01 AM »
I got the yss rear shock mounted up finally
I couldn't believe how much of a pain it was to find a place locally to make me a custom hose for the shock reservoir.
But now I know where to go.

I wanted the reservoir to fit up under the tail. It even came with a mounting bracket for the reservoir. The stock hose it came with wasn't long enough for that. And to make things worse the top banjo on the stock line.

Was bent to where it kept hitting the battery box. Keeping it from lining up with the top bolt hole in the frame. By like 5mm's.
Once I got the new hose and had the banjos clocked in the right positions went on easier.

Don mind the black zipty it's there for back up in case the mounting bracket loosens. Until I trust it more.

Still gotta fix the oil tank leak the oil sending unit leaking. I pulled it out and took a hair dryer to it and it got the rubber sealing ribs to puff back up. Seems to be working still wanna seal it better.

Last summer it got a minor coolant leak thought it was the rad cap. Swapped it and it didn't fix it. Thinking it has developed a small pin hole in the rad itself. Only comes up when the temp comes up. And there's some coolant pooling up on the bottom of the cores of the bottom tank.

Thinking the rad died sitting all those years it is steel not alloy. So I bought one of those China aluminum ones for it.

alexei

• TZM (4AP/4HF) 150cc
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2022, 06:55:27 AM »
Nice update, @SeaR1ck
 (-P) (-P) (-P)

Did you get a shock service to refill the external reservoir, after replacing the banjo and the hose?
TZM (4AP/4HF) Malaysia