Author Topic: Zeeltronic info  (Read 1294 times)

chubba

Zeeltronic info
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »
Hi all
I read a lot about the merits of uslng a Zeeltronic innition and powervalve controller . Had a look on there website and they seem to do most 2 strokes, my question is reguarding programming. Is this something that's preloaded onto the ignition or do you need an expert and a dyno , practical sportsbikes used on on there DT125 the other month that was set up on a dyno.
This is a general inquiry and not model specific.

Toop

• Iwata sur Loire - France
Re: Zeeltronic info
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
In general the case comes with a curve equivalent to the origin of the bike.
The first use of a programmable CDI is to replace a defective CDI and the fact of being programmable makes it usable on a multitude of adaptations.
A wise mind may want to improve the original datas. There actually a dyno is necessary.

vinny

• Kildare, Ireland
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 10:35:31 AM »
Just speaking  from personal experience on my 3xv racebike I'm dead happy with the zeel.
Came pre-wired and ready to run .
From reading the old posts
I don't think it was always so easy ☺.
Bike starts easier and sounds crisper .
Plus I picked up 10 hp over a standard cdi but that was mainly because my setup was  not suited to the standard cdi.
They would be a good upgrade even on a fairly standard roadbike  in my opinion (-P).
3xv racebike, 4dp racebike,
3xv roadbike, zxr 636,tdr125, crm 250, vtr 250,

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »
glad to hear they are easier to fit from new
i am one of the early boys and it was a real mission
best improvement you can make to an old bike but you have to proceed with care. it is best to use a dyno with air/fuel readings
well worth the time and money for dyno as you're gonna end up with many hours of enjoyment
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

evan_calgary

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:23:25 AM »
Have run zeel on other bikes (RZ) and it was relatively simply to add and plug and play.  Many have said on other forums you gain power over stock simply from adding zeel but this doesn't sound right if you are running an equiv of the stock curve.  Power lies in ability to tune which of course requires dyno time.

Hoatso

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »
The program that comes with the Zeel for the 3XV is better than stock. It eliminates the ignition retarding that restricts the power to Japanese standards.  It also disables the kick stand switch that kills the engine if you put it in gear with the stand down. And, disables the high speed limit that is sensed by the speedo. And you can tune it more as you mod your bike or run better fuel. Plus it is wired with the connectors to plug and play. Win-win-win.