Author Topic: R/RS Big end bearings  (Read 1354 times)

sprockets

R/RS Big end bearings
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:23:58 AM »
Does anyone  have an original big end bearing for an r/rs (Yamaha part # 93310-524D0) that might have the bearing manufactures code stamped on to it.  I'd like to search that bearing through my local bearing supply shop and compare prices.

casal-fan

Re: R/RS Big end bearings
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »
Don´t hang me on this one, and I´m sure someone will chim in and correct me if I´m wrong.

Big end bearing specs for 3XV are 31/24/16
The 16 (width) is the pain in the but I suppose.
While searching for big end bearings for my 3MA 31/24/17 - I also kept an eye to see if something for the 3XV would come up - but unfortunetly it didn´t.

For 3MA 17mm Width - pretty much available - CR250 stuff

4l04ever

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:33:21 PM »
3XV-1 Trackbike
TSA Pipes
30.5mm Carbs
Modified Airboxes
Zeeltronic Ignition System

3XV-1 Trackbike #2 project......

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
Are these still available from Yamaha. I'm sure I had a crank rebuilt with a complete rod and big end kit supplied by Webbs of Lincoln (Andy YPVS250 on here)
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

sprockets

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 08:18:47 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, good to get the bearing size and code.  I'll run it past my local bearing supply shop and see what the result is.
They have been supplying me with mostly cycle part bearings to date and are coming in at less than half the cost of Yamaha 'boxed' items.  All these bearings are IKO or KOYO etc... so no cheap stuff!
I appreciate that there may be some items that are only available through Yamaha and I have no problem paying the asking price, but where I can source like for like and save in the process then count me in.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Cheers

sprockets

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:10:38 AM »
looks like the 17 wide bearing is easily available, the 16 wide not so.  i'll check with local Yamaha dealer and compare to 123 Bearing.