Author Topic: Radiator Hose 1KT  (Read 308 times)

davewills4

Radiator Hose 1KT
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:25:36 PM »
Hi all,  just reassembled my 1KT and treated it to a new set of Samco hoses as the old ones were looking a bit perished. Bottom hose fits ok but top hose was very tight fit and has a slight kink where it attaches to the thermostat housing I tightened the jubilee clip  pretty tight and took her for a spin. Got back and checked everything before putting the fairings back on and noticed a few drops of coolant splashed over carbs and other components, so swilled it all off and really tightened   the jubilee clip as tight as I could went for another spin and again still a few drops of coolant seem to be leaking out . Has anyone else had problems with samco hoses, cheers Dave

squirrel_hunter

• Sunny Swindon, UK
Re: Radiator Hose 1KT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 03:23:57 AM »
I run Samco on mine and not had a problem from the hose. Are you sure that is where the leak is from and not from the thermostat housing? I believe that the thermostat has a rubber seal on it that seals the housing, if its perished that may be the cause of any leak particularly if it has been rebuilt. Alternatively, how do you mean kink, have you got a picture of this?

teezer250

• 2 x TZR250 1KT's 1986
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
I have samco hoses on both my 1kt's and never had a problem.
Did you check the new hoses matched up with the old hoses by placing one on the other and the bend angle and length of the top hose was the same.
Another thing could be the coolant is coming out of the coolant tank vent hole in the cap if overfilled.

davewills4

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 10:12:21 PM »
Cheers for the response chaps will have a look at the weekend. Did compare the old hoses with the samco ones and seemed pretty identical. Dave

davewills4

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:10 AM »
Hi all removed tank  and sucked out a fair bit of coolant from the expansion tank as it was probably up to or just over max  line. when i changed the coolant may of over filled a little. And the way it was splashed around looks like it was from high up rather than from the hoses  so will pop it back together and see if that cures the problem.