Author Topic: TZR 3XV RS/TZ  (Read 1341 times)

casal-fan

Re: TZR 3XV RS/TZ
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2018, 11:35:46 PM »
Got a big update from Hemi.

Redesigned air intake. Now the RH cylinder airbox is getting air from a much higher place. Cleaner air into the engine, also, its almost not noticable.
Hemi says that cooling was a problem... the bike was very difficult to warm up. 2 in line thermostats were mounted and the raditor partially covered, digital inline thermometer was mounted. The cooling fluid now runs at 50*C on a 24*C warm day.

Imperative for Hemi is weight reduction.
The chunky rear caliper came off. Caliper holder is homemade.
Since this is a street bike, it has a side stand... but, a light one, aluminium.

casal-fan

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2018, 11:49:58 PM »
Further weight reduction came from a set of early 5 spoke TZ wheels 3.5-5.5
Ergonomics were also changed a bit. Hemi raised the seat/rear fairing arrangement by 40mm.
The rear sub-subframe is also gone, further weight savings there.
A pic of how Hemi did it, also showing the TZ electronics. This bike runs the electronics/ignition via a complete original TZ system stator/flywheel/CDI, and the electrics, including low energy demanding lightning (again all road bits work on this bike) by a lithium batteri - total loss.

I think the TZ wheels and the slightly raised rear section look great (-P)

casal-fan

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2018, 12:25:15 AM »
And the best for last... engine.

The engine specs are as follows:

3XV9 bottom end, full rebuild with SP crankshaft
New 4DP top end - 1.1mm squish and reduced compression to use 102 RON no lead.
4DP carbs, custom jettet , 4DP modified intake manifolds, 3XV reedcages with 4DP reeds.
Custom airboxes

Carbs were setup, and the best results on the dyno came with 380-380 and 400-400 (engine did not like staggered mains)
77 Horse powers.
Hemi tested on the road to achieve clear jetting on the road and repports that the bike is amazing.

Hemi says the biggest problem he has now is to find a project that will result in a better 2stroke bike for the street then this one...
Different people - different opinions, but... it would not be completly wrong to say that this bike, for some of the many 2 stroke enthusiasts around the world to who 2stroke mean lightness, power, GP sensations, etc - this is maybe as good as it gets?

The interesting numbers: 116 kilo with oil and coolant, 77 RWBHP giving a power to weight ratio of 0.67 Hp/Kg

Hemi says that this bike now takes the trone from his other 250cc, wich until now has been his ultimative road going 2stroke.
A custom bilt suzuki, tuned by Mus Förster in Germany and boosting 72HP at the rear wheel while being 1 kg heavier then the 3XV.
Stil not bad :) - a comparisson pic of the custom RGV and its dynoprint.

ybk

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2018, 06:33:21 AM »
This is pretty bad ass. I bet it’s a riot on the road :o Agree with you on the as good as it gets part. You can probably throw in an ohlins rear shock then it’d be perfect (-P)

I really like the rear caliper and the alloy side stand. I keep the sidestand on my trackbike for convenience but this would be way nicer.

The raised rear, does it help with the handling?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:57:43 AM by ybk »

Martin77

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2018, 08:52:17 AM »
That's stunning Rui!

casal-fan

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
Ybk. I didnt ride the bike.
The raised rear sektion was done by spacing the seat as well as the rear sektion fairing. Not by means of shiming the schok to rise the rear.
Hemi Has this bike. Like i wrote when starting to write about it, in my hands IT would still be parked gathering dust because og No time to repair it. Thus better Hemi Has it in my opinion.
Hemi raised the rear because hes used to ride  with a higher seat.

Hemi Has been keeping track of every ride he Has on the bike to have info on millage, etc.
After a few problems with the front calipers not working to Hemis satisfsction a different pad was chosen and now Hemi repports that the bike is the most underful thing he Has ridden... And he had ridden a Lot og different stuff.

Ja Martin, its a stunner😄
Just like All the bikes Hemi builds.
When i have time ill vissit him to try some of his bikes, and he says he would like med to ride it later in August at a track arrangement well attend in Holland... Dont know if I dare 😄

vinny

• Kildare, Ireland
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 04:52:31 PM »
Top job .
my kinda bike  (-P) (-P)

casal-fan

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 01:23:08 PM »
Hemi rung me up the other day.

The bike is now ready for its track debut, more like a track experience rather then ringing its neck. Hemi is no longer a teenager and he restrains himself from giving the right wrist free play because he is aware that a fall at his age, probably would mean a long recovery, so better enjoy the bike while restraing himself a bit... if he can :)

New updates

Full fiber/carbon reinforced fairing for the track
TZ suspension in the front also triple clamps - complete
TZ brake system in the front - complete
Öhlins shock
Jolly moto - one of  pipes, mostly to cope with the tzr mounting points while not looking so low at the rear end. Comissioned through the danish jolly moto importer.

All this modifications, while in full harmony with the bikes design were not easy to make.
Many, many hours of labor, but the result is amazing.
Alone chassis geometri with the new suspension parts was very time spending.
Hemi reports that specially the jolly pipes made the engine much stronger in all the rev range, so the 80 HP barrier must be broken - (think he said he would dyno the bike soon again.)

Weight is now down to 111 kg - and Hemi recons this is what can be done without alu tank, and while keeping lights, mirrors, nr. plate, kick starter mecanism and other road riding stuff. 111kg for a road bike with an engine putting out about 80 HP - thats not bad ;D

A one of a kind bike, spectacular.
Looking forward to look at it running down a star/finish dine, maybe even throw a leg over it ;D

Enjoy the pics (-P)

Yuri

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2018, 05:46:02 PM »
That is light
What side stand are you using ?

hemi

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »

Sidestand is homemade. Do you know if anybody in this forum have made a simlar TZR 3XV, I would like to hear abot it.
Hemi

Yuri

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »

Sidestand is homemade. Do you know if anybody in this forum have made a simlar TZR 3XV, I would like to hear abot it.
Hemi

I am working on a bike close to yours
Just a lot slower
This year do the motor
Next year suspension & brakes
Third year compleat bike   

Paul has a TZ what is road legal...
Injapan also has a nice track TZR
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:34:54 PM by Yuri »