Author Topic: TZR 3MA parts  (Read 360 times)

PaulTZR

TZR 3MA parts
« on: March 20, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »
Hi Guys,
Does anybody know if you can still buy new parts for 3MA models?
The last company I knew of was BAT motorcycles in London but I believe they are no longer trading.

I'm desperately in need of a fairing v-section and a rear light lens for my 3MA so if anyone can help with this as well, I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks, Paul

ColinS5940

Re: TZR 3MA parts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 11:39:10 PM »
You can get the rear lens I think they were used on several models, maybe an eBay search. As for the vee piece, they are rare as hens teeth and long since discontinued.
Pattern panels from China look ok but they are all over the place when fitted.
Yamaha still stock a few items, it's worth a visit to fowler's website and look for the tzr250sp, it's the dry clutch model but it shares most of the parts and gives you the availability. Good luck

PaulTZR

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 12:20:06 AM »
Hi, thanks very much for your reply.
I have already looked on Fowlers under 3MA so I'll give it another go and look for the SP model instead.  Many thanks again

morepower

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 03:58:51 AM »
You cant get the lenses now but you can get a brand new tail light...
https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/3MA-84710-00

morepower

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 04:04:54 AM »
I know bodywork is no longer made so the options are Chinese copies or a composite one if you can find them.

I was planning on making some parts like the hand blisters, side ducts and the V panel when I get the white one here. I daren't copy the black bikes stuff as it can get some damage in the moulding process and that bike I want to keep original. The white one I am less bothered about so am not too worried if it gets damaged when its copied. I may even do the fuel tank and make a mould from that so I can do carbon fuel tanks similar to my Aprilia RS tanks...

jools

• Yes, we have no Bananas
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 04:07:04 AM »
I like those..........
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 10:28:40 AM »
I have a rear light. I'll dig it out this weekend.

Dan

PaulTZR

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 12:05:33 AM »
Hi, many thanks for all these replies, I'm really grateful for your help and info.
Thanks to morepower. that's good to hear. I've checked on the Fowlers link and they are marked "no stock/backorder" so I will contact them with a view to ordering.  Look forward to hearing more about how your plans progress with making copies of the v-section...

Thanks Dan for your reply. I do want a new lens cover rather than a used one, as I already have one on the bike that is a bit marked. Not sure if you meant you had a new one or a used one?

I intend to get some pictures of my bikes and post them on here, now the weather is improving!!

Cheers again, Paul