Author Topic: Another 3XV project  (Read 8275 times)

bulldogboy

Re: Another 3XV project
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »
 (-P) ;D, classic ,five foot fitment, if i could get 2 or 3 foot fitment thats an improvement i spose. Was toying with the idea, if i get some ill post some pics up, wouldnt be till new year sometime.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
What can you expect from the reviews I've seen there's been some issues with some pieces having gaps. But you really have to get right up on it to notice.

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2018, 08:53:03 AM »
(-P) ;D, classic ,five foot fitment, if i could get 2 or 3 foot fitment thats an improvement i spose. Was toying with the idea, if i get some ill post some pics up, wouldnt be till new year sometime.

Still trying to find the time to finish fitting the bodywork (suspect the top fairing bracket is out of line?) but if you want to view my 3XV chinese bodywork to get an idea before you order yours feel free to pm me. I can't be more than an hour from you if you are Berks. :-\
Still a student attempting to learn from the Mentors.

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2019, 12:18:59 AM »
YanW,
Your '5 foot' fitment description absolutely cracked me up  :)) :)) :))
Am currently going down the 'look OK route while you use the bike and not s**t yourself about damaging original bodywork'.

Incidentally, I ordered my Chinese bodywork kit from NeedforMotos in May 2016 and not sure if they are still trading unless under a different name? My 'tatty' 3xv came with a race style fairing but both these offerings don't seem to have provision for air ducts if wanted. Have attached pics for info as a comparison for the Autoducts product.

Also discovered a number of the fairing brackets, captive rubber nuts and spacers are missing so need to compile a list for the next order once I've worked out whats needed  ::)

bulldogboy

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2019, 08:39:29 PM »
Worth looking on yahoo auctions for brackets, theres quite often job lots of brackets,nuts ,bolts, bits and peices.

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2019, 09:32:19 PM »
Worth looking on yahoo auctions for brackets, theres quite often job lots of brackets,nuts ,bolts, bits and peices.

Good call, cheers for that  (-P)

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »
Or use the wanted section on here. There's probably quite a few of us with boxes and boxes of bits and bobs hanging around  (-P).
Still Smoking...

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »
Or use the wanted section on here. There's probably quite a few of us with boxes and boxes of bits and bobs hanging around  (-P).

Many Thanks Warwick, will post something up once I know what's needed, the bike came without most of the fairing so not surprised some mounting brackets are missing tbh.  (-P)

ps I have a limited number of spares items collated so far but already provided bits to a couple of forum members in need. :)

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2019, 08:03:42 AM »
Nearly there now. Have discovered a large spring (not the rear brake light switch smaller spring) attached to the r/h front footrest which doesn't attach to anything at present. Should it attach to the something or possibly it has just been left there by the previous owner, can just about make it out from the pics?  :-\
ps the fairing lowers and mirrors are left off at present to avoid damage when it goes for the initial mot  by van.

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2019, 09:48:14 AM »
That'll be the brake lever return spring. Best attach the loose end to the lever before you take it to the MOT man  :o .
Still Smoking...

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »
That'll be the brake lever return spring. Best attach the loose end to the lever before you take it to the MOT man  :o .

Cheers Warwick, that's embarrassing. Should have realised that. :-[ :-[ :-[

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:06 PM »
Ha! Don't worry bout it. We all have those kinds of days now and then  :D. It's looking good, let us know what the MOT man says  (-P).
Still Smoking...

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
Bit more attention today, new challenges....

Still waiting for Motobatt battery resolution so using temporary battery which resulted in lumpy tick-over and erratic rev counter (seen that before with battery issues) however was able to prove the temp gauge and all is now good there again  ;D

Still challenges with the electrics, mainly indicators but hopefully down to the battery so fingers crossed, but now appear to have a tiny split in the lower pot exhaust where the expansion chamber meets the narrow stinger section. Looks like it may have been repaired there previously and fortunately in this cold spell is just noticeable, even before the black stuff drips onto the ground. Did think something was adrift as the silencer can on that side doesn't even get warm let alone hot ?:-| Possibly why it is also lumpy on tick-over too if the pipe is blowing.

At least it passes the 5 foot glance hopefully even if I still seem to have a way to go ?  ?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:06:03 AM by thump566 »

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2019, 11:28:42 PM »
We have an MOT, no advisories so now its the application to DVLA for an age-related reg. :)

Can put the fairing lowers on now its done the MOT trip in the van, time to grab the Dremel again I imagine once I have received the missing  bracket and associated bits.

bulldogboy

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2019, 10:32:13 PM »
looking good mate (-P) I also need to register that RS I just bought, have to get it down the mot shop at some point, ive got 2 spare sets of original pipes if your after fixing your leak,(or just weld it I spose)