Author Topic: SPR & RS  (Read 2662 times)

bulldogboy

Re: SPR & RS
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 09:04:18 PM »
 (-P) Im gathering parts for my build( although not sure ill be doing the building), so interesting to look at your pics, plumbing picture slightly worrying :o....s.p crank ordered, Andy at webbs has given me a list of piston kit/gaskets/seals required, but how many ,and what bearings are required?

ybk

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2019, 03:35:24 AM »
Do you think my R transmission would be better for street use? Better ratios?

Yes, that's what I reckon. The tall first gear is a hassle and heavy on the clutch.. :-\

(-P) Im gathering parts for my build( although not sure ill be doing the building), so interesting to look at your pics, plumbing picture slightly worrying :o....s.p crank ordered, Andy at webbs has given me a list of piston kit/gaskets/seals required, but how many ,and what bearings are required?

All aboard the part gathering train  ;D Make up your own part lists with the part manual. The majority of bearings are off the shelf so no need for OEM, especially wheel bearings. Take lots of pics as you disassemble, cable routing etc seems logical when taking apart but putting back to together the logic is suddenly gone (-P)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 03:40:34 AM by ybk »

bulldogboy

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2019, 08:53:47 AM »
Yes will br taking plenty of pics and labelling everything, dont want a picture like your box, but in reverse, full of OLD parts with no home! I do have phils old bike for reference which will be a big help,sorry ive hijacked your thread! How is your project going?

yanw

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2019, 10:17:26 AM »
Top tip is to get some white, wide if you can get it, insulation tape. You can write on it with marker pen, make tags with it to mark up what wires/hoses go where and use it to close open holes that bolts like to jump into (airboxes, crankcases etc). The good thing is that you can see anything you have not removed as the white stands out.

bulldogboy

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
 (-P) thanks, all tips great fully received,will heed your advice for sure, thanks, got a bike on ebay that must go to make room before i can start, then its all systems go

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2019, 12:16:55 AM »
Top tip is to get some white, wide if you can get it, insulation tape. You can write on it with marker pen, make tags with it to mark up what wires/hoses go where and use it to close open holes that bolts like to jump into (airboxes, crankcases etc). The good thing is that you can see anything you have not removed as the white stands out.

Also found business card plastic cases very useful, put nuts/bolts and associate peripherals in them together with a business card noting what the items relate to, particularly if you may face a mountain of bolts later on and are not sure where each one came from  :-[
Still a student attempting to learn from the Mentors.

bulldogboy

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2019, 07:53:37 AM »
 (-P) cheers for the tip, im quite meticulous and methodical, if not very knowledgeable :P