Author Topic: Tzr250 Rd 350 power valve controller  (Read 225 times)

Mark Bailey

Tzr250 Rd 350 power valve controller
« on: April 21, 2018, 08:08:06 PM »
Dose any one know the difference between tzr250 and rd 350 power valve and servo motor I could only get rd ones for my tzr and atm I have no servo working and no spark. Hopefully some one can help I'm supposed to be at Caldwell next weekend

evan_calgary

Re: Tzr250 Rd 350 power valve controller
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 12:50:32 AM »
I can't imagine they would be much different.  You should be able to confirm servo operation by putting 12v directly to it.  The rd obv doesn't have that upper oil cable pulley.

tzr-v4

• South West of France
    • French RD500LC Club
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »
The RD350 (1WT from memory) should work on the TZR250 1KT or 2MA types.

I've got a friend's bike is the garage with a 350 black box.
But I'll not be at home before the 5 of august.

You could test if the servo is working by applying +12V / GND directly to the electric motor with wires M1 and M2 (see table below).
Swapping the polarity should change the direction of the motor.

VPOS should read +5V from the bike loom
GPOS should read 0V GND from the bike loom
POS should be between 0V and 5V as it is the potentiometer output to measure the valve position

Table is not well shaped but usable and you will see that FZR400RR exup servo is using the same wire (but the rotation stroke could be different / not checked yet).

YPVS SERVOR MOTOR    FZR400RR 4DX/3TJ    RD500 47X/1GE    TZR250 2MA/2XT    TZ250    
M1                                    B/R                            B/R                            B/R                            B/R    
M2                                    B/Y                            B/Y                            B/Br                          B/Br
POS                                    W/R                     W/R                            W/R                            W/R
VPOS                            Y/Bl                            Y/Bl                             Y/Bl                      Y/Bl
GPOS                           W/B                            W/B                             W/B                    W/B
Olivier.
TZR250 2MA & 2XT, RD500s et TZR-V4 building...

4l04ever

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 11:05:54 AM »
The curve is programmed by jumpers inside the controller, but they can be changed, or you can fit little switches to make them adjustable.   The different curves are for different models of bike.
3XV-1 Trackbike
TSA Pipes
30.5mm Carbs
Modified Airboxes
Zeeltronic Ignition System

3XV-1 Trackbike #2 project......