Author Topic: Preferred Braided Steel Lines  (Read 175 times)

Steveog

Preferred Braided Steel Lines
« on: May 06, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »
Hey, Guys. We just received a "Wezmoto" Stainless Braided brake line kit originating in the UK. Long story, but our US vendor seems to be operating on a different standard concerning the definition of timely deliveries. This kit included a great looking, sealed product with all necessary parts. (see attached) The price is 59.95 pounds on the Wezmoto website. This is much lower than US pricing for similar kits from manufacturers with which we're familiar. We were charged $225 and that was to include installation. A fair profit is what capitalism is all about, but even including shipping, I feel 100% over cost is a bit extreme.

Opinions about Wezmoto? Opinions about any of this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.

ybk

Re: Preferred Braided Steel Lines
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 02:27:05 AM »
I'm sure someone would know more but that looks like rebranded HEL lines, the bolts certainly look exactly like the HEL ones.. If it is HEL then the quality should be great.

rvt2002

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:59:50 AM »
The labor probably got you there. If they charge you 2 hrs to install with $80-90 per hour thats $160/180 right there.

vinny

• Kildare, Ireland
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:01:06 AM »
Iv been using a set of them on my race bike for the last 2 years.
  No issues with them quality seems good . (-P).
Can't remember how much they cost sorry.

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »
IMO all braided lines have to conform to the same spec. I buy which ever new "kit" is the cheapest. I had Wezmoto on my 3XVR, also the 3MA and have Wezmoto on lots of my other bikes. I always ask for the std kit plus 10mm, that way I get to route the lines in the best way I can, as the end pieces don't always point in the exact direction that you want. They have always come with the correct end pieces and correct banjo bolts
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:17:04 AM by mellorp »
Mellion say If it ain't broke thrash it until it breaks

thump566

• NW London, UK
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
More cost effective if someone over here orders them for you and then forwards them on at cost?

Just a  thought.

Not sure what mine are as my Son provided them FOC from one of their suppliers that owed an urgent equipment delivery favour  (-P)
Came with choice of colour and end type.
Still firing on two....almost.

Steveog

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 05:59:43 PM »
Thanks, Gentlemen.

Everything I needed to know. The labor rate (not performed) makes sense for pricing disparity.

Phil - I have used Spiegler lines in the past. They offer a feature that allows the end mounts to be turned to match the caliper. They are NOT the cheapest, however.

Safe riding to all.

Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.