Author Topic: Where to Mount Aprilia Master Cylinder Reservoir  (Read 1375 times)

xstian

Where to Mount Aprilia Master Cylinder Reservoir
« on: May 14, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
I'm just converting the front brakes on my 1KT to Blue Spot calipers and Aprilia RS125 master cylinder. Everything fit and is pretty straight forward except for the mounting of the reservoir. I will probably have to make up some sort of bracket up, just not sure where to fix it too. I was just wondering if other people had done this conversion where they mounted it?

I was also wondering if it possible to replace the reservoir with something else, maybe something self supporting. I know Honda and Tyga do a HRC kit for the RS that replaces the the rear master cylinder reservoir with just a clear plastic tube.
TZR 250 1KT

teezer250

• NO TZR250 1KT 1986 ANY MORE
Re: Where to Mount Aprilia Master Cylinder Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »
I know Honda and Tyga do a HRC kit for the RS that replaces the the rear master cylinder reservoir with just a clear plastic tube.
Make sure you do buy genuine honda HRC kit as I bought a generic kit off Dennis Trollope Racing and had nothing but trouble losing brake pressure and performance after a few days left in the shed despite repeated bleeding.
The hose went all misted inside and constantly wet on the outside,the DOT4 brake fluid was leeching through the plastic hose.
In the end I ditched it and bought a second hand rear brake assembly and used the reservoir and hose to fix the rear brake for good.

chubba

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
Read the same thing more than once before

xstian

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 08:52:45 PM »
I've heard bad things about those tubes as well. I'm not sure if they would hold enough fluid for the front brake anyway.
TZR 250 1KT

gammaguy21

• Canada (Ontario)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 03:39:13 PM »
Can't remember exactly what I did... I may have left it as a 'self supporting system'  :P
The bike is in storage as it needs a top end redo. I'll see if I can make it over there and take some pics.