Author Topic: 3XV Crank rebuild  (Read 2449 times)

mellorp

• Manchester
Re: 3XV Crank rebuild
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2018, 08:34:09 PM »
You should say i won't post to usa cause it's my personal choice it isn't any harder to do I'm just lazy.  C:-) that type of attitude is a big reason why I don't buy from the uk sellers unless I can't find it elsewhere. I've encountered it more than once from uk sellers.
Stop right there. I'd ask very politely that you retract that. Andy and Webb's are very helpful to 3XV owners for no other reason than Andy is a 2T enthusiast and owner. As a company they owe this forum nothing

To export to the USA is a bit more complicated than stick a different address label on a box and pay a bit more postage
Mellion say If it ain't broke thrash it until it breaks

2tbluestroke

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
Mabey Try this place  they had some last year .
I have a standard r crank needing a rebuild if you are stuck but to be honest
Iv recently had a standard r crank rebuilt it worked out pretty expensive.  Buying a new sp crank makes more sense .

Thank you very much vinny!! I going to buy it.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »
You should say i won't post to usa cause it's my personal choice it isn't any harder to do I'm just lazy.  C:-) that type of attitude is a big reason why I don't buy from the uk sellers unless I can't find it elsewhere. I've encountered it more than once from uk sellers.
Stop right there. I'd ask very politely that you retract that. Andy and Webb's are very helpful to 3XV owners for no other reason than Andy is a 2T enthusiast and owner. As a company they owe this forum nothing

To export to the USA is a bit more complicated than stick a different address label on a box and pay a bit more postage

No really i didn't know that no different than for me shipping international. I gotta fill out the customs form too only takes a few extra moments.  At least shipping to the states you don't have to bother with import taxes unlike when i ship some where else and get begged to devalue the package for tax evasion.

Steveog

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2018, 10:31:24 PM »
The real reason for Webb's reluctance to ship to the US is our absurdly litigious nature. I'm betting this applies to other UK parts distributors, too. The insurance companies in the UK don't want the liability for what might happen if a part fails and can be traced to an accident. We all know what happens when a 2T motor locks up. Unless you're quick on the clutch, it usually ends in a high-side.

We have more personal injury attorneys advertising on TV than we do car dealers or ED drug makers. Many Americans have lost their sense of "personal responsibility" and are often looking to blame another. Many of those want to be compensated. In the US, attorneys chase the liability as far as possible. From the parts seller to the manufacturer. The PIA's are after the biggest fish. The entity who is that much more likely to settle, as opposed to paying for a fight in court.

UK parts dealers can keep the their cost of doing business lower by controlling the cost of insurance. To stay competitive, others follow the same strategy.

Solution: Don't sell parts to the US. It has nothing to do with being lazy.   
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.