Author Topic: power jet on 32mm carb  (Read 2475 times)

yorkee

power jet on 32mm carb
« on: August 25, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
I am converting a 93 tzr using 95 32mm carb. 

The wire for the original power jet is 3 wires (yellow, blue, black), while the jet in the 32mm carb is 2 wires (just 2 yellow). 

Anyone know how to sprite those wire?

yorkee

Re: power jet on 32mm carb
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:49:16 AM »
After some research comparing both electric diagram, I figure out I was trying to hook the power jet to the starter switch lol!  Proof that electrical is not my strength. 

the power jet is actually white and yellow wires.  Comparing the the 95 spr diagram and the 93 R diagram it shows the green-black and red-black wire supposed to connect to each individual power jet.  However, If I do that, nothing will connect to the original solenoid (the one above the oil tank)  Anyone has a sp / spr can tell me how the solenoid on top of the oil tank hook up?

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 03:29:22 AM »
The powerjet connectors are 2 wire connectors, the colors on each side of the connector differ:
Code: [Select]
PJ1-top carb: [White][Yellow] :: [Red/black][Red/white]
PJ2-bottom carb: [White][Yellow] :: [Green/black][Red/white]

The SPR only has one VAJ by the PV motor that feeds both carbs. The VAJ is as follow:

Loom side: 3 Wires: [black/blue] [yellow/black] [red/white]
VAJ side: 2 Wires (2 per solenoid): [brown][red/black] :: [brown][green/black]

Let me know if you need more info or clarification. (-P)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 03:31:52 AM by ybk »

yorkee

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »
Thank you for the pictures!

Do you have something like this on top of the oil tank? 

41juergen

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
These are the VAJ for the left cylinder of a 3XV R or SP. The SPR don't have them...

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 01:06:02 AM »
Yep, empty space. Spr only has the one by the pv motor.

yorkee

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 03:19:42 PM »
ha!  more weight saving!  thanks. 

Did the pv motor (or where the VAJ hook up ) differently between SPR and R?  what is VAJ btw?

41juergen

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »
VAJ are the variable air jets...

yorkee

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 04:35:06 AM »
Gocha!

Do I plug the rear carb where it connected to the vaj?  Or I have to make a trip fitting from the front vaj to connect to the rear carb?

Hoatso

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 05:15:57 AM »
Most carbs have a fixed air jet that lets air from the inlet bell mix with the main jet fuel before the mixture sprays through the needle jet below the slide.

The R models have the variable air jet (VAJ). It has three jets. The engine computer can open up one or two more air openings to lean out the mixture or close them to richen the mixture.

I think you could delete the vaj blocks, drill the carb out, press in a fixed jet, and block the hose fitting on the carbs but it may not run as well.

Hoatso

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 05:21:28 AM »
This is the standard fixed air jet used on most bikes (not TZR 3xv).

The R carb doesn’t have these.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 06:00:15 AM »
On my spr I run the one vaj with both carbs connected to it. Since my sugo cdi doesn't run the vaj i left it disconnected from the wiring loom and it runs as a fixed air jet off the center jet.

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »
Gocha!

Do I plug the rear carb where it connected to the vaj?  Or I have to make a trip fitting from the front vaj to connect to the rear carb?

You can mimic the SPR setup, ie, remove one Vaj block and connect both carbs to the remaining vaj block (use a T piece?). Maybe try and match the jets to the SPR size inside the vaj block as well (can you buy those jets?? not sure). Otherwise just hook up the two normal R vaj blocks to each carb and see how it runs?

yorkee

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 07:39:59 AM »
On my spr I run the one vaj with both carbs connected to it. Since my sugo cdi doesn't run the vaj i left it disconnected from the wiring loom and it runs as a fixed air jet off the center jet.

is the fixed air jet part of the sugo kit?  ther fix jet on my carb seems blocked by a brass ball bearing...

yorkee

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
Gocha!

You can mimic the SPR setup, ie, remove one Vaj block and connect both carbs to the remaining vaj block (use a T piece?). Maybe try and match the jets to the SPR size inside the vaj block as well (can you buy those jets?? not sure). Otherwise just hook up the two normal R vaj blocks to each carb and see how it runs?

thought about that... but I need the wire to the rear vaj to power up another two set of power jets that doesn't exist in the 28mm carb.. no wire left to hook up the extra vaj...