Author Topic: Help from Italy!  (Read 762 times)

roby267

Re: Help from Italy!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
For the Countershaft I will pay attention to what you have told me; for the piston I think the Wossner is forged while the Mitaka is for casting. Several in the two strokes prefer the melting piston as they contain more silicon and therefore less inclined to dilatation. But I prefer to put the Mitaka because it costs half compared to Wossner :-)
For that hole missing on Mitaka's piston, do you think it's a problem and why is it missing? For the roller cage then the seller will tell me which one I will have to put according to the piston that I will choose, however excellent information, of this I was not aware of it. I wrote you in PVT and left the number, bye

2stroke

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 08:14:02 PM »
That Mitaka piston can be mounted on different models of bikes and in particular some born before the TDR 3MB / TZR  4DL, which originally did not have it.

The "extra" hole improves the lubrication of the connecting-rod small end & its roller cage bearing. (-P)

When I mounted Mitaka, I machined the hole in a CNC mechanical workshop with all the necessary precautions and I had no problems riding the bike, but it is an operation to do at your own "risk"!  :-\ If generated in the wrong way, this hole can create cracks that shatter the piston. Or, the part can expand differently than expected, causing seizure. :-\ Reliability over time depends on many factors.

Let's continue to share progress and info even publicly, because this is a forum, we can also help other users. ;) (-P)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:56:48 PM by 2stroke »

roby267

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »
What do you know, all Mitaka pistons do not have this little hole? In fact, thinking about that little hole helps lubrication so I think I will opt for another piston, but I do not want to spend too much because it will be a bike that will do very few kilometers / year, just for the pleasure of tidying up this TDR, including engine .

akronos

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 11:38:03 AM »
This is mine, with some slightly tuned 3MB00P engine.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 11:40:47 AM by akronos »