Author Topic: Winter storage question  (Read 649 times)

bulldogboy

Re: Winter storage question
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »
Hi James, thanks for the reply, the bad kink was right below the T piece ,ive  just checked the off cut of affected tap to carb hose and 15 mm was removed,i didn't measure the tap to petcock section ,but I reckon it was approx.1  1/2 inches, maybe 2 " longer. It always seemed just to short to connect back up when refitting the tank, and once the tank was refitted, as there was no give in that larger section of hose it pushed the t piece down causeing the kink.Hopefully now resolved.When ive been riding this year on only a couple of times at high speed I noticed a " hesitancy", and that would tie in with what you said about higher speed demanding more fuel, i.e crimped hose harder to supply , will be interesting to see if it changes anything. Phil said to me that it was always hard to start if not started for a week or more ,and I found this to be the case, although its never been so bad it cant be started.Phil serviced the carbs before he gave me the bike , but I take your point about the starter jet.

ybk

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2019, 12:53:00 AM »
There's rubber cap on the lower carb that plugs the vacuum hole, part # 3xv-14169-00 that you can use on the top one as well. Nice and neat.

bulldogboy

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2019, 08:47:34 AM »
 (-P) nice 1 YBK, good info will order that thanks