Author Topic: Auctmarts fairing  (Read 518 times)

SeaR1ck

Auctmarts fairing
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »
Okay guys my friend ordered from them a fairing kit for his rvf400. So going to get some first hand experience with what the quality is like.

bulldogboy

Re: Auctmarts fairing
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:35 AM »
Been reading reviews on auctmarts, people generally impressed with communication, fairings seem well packaged in sturdy box, stuff gets delivered on time, quality and finish seems very good, but how is fitment? Would be very interested to hear first hand what your friends rvf fairings are like.The spr fairings on their website look pretty darn good, I emailed them about reproducing my 94 R.S, they said they can do it no probs, and im seriously thinking about it to preserve the originals on my bike which have suffered some bad cracks, in their email they said the fitment has 90% accuracy, which contradicts the s.p.r ad on their website which is listed as their "perfect fit range" which in its very description should have 100% accuracy I would of thought ?? :P

chubba

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
I had a set of Chinese fairings on my 1st 3ma. these were bought 2nd hand so no idea of the make but the v-piece was no where near fitting.
the rest wasn't too bad but the previous owner had had to move some of the lugs on the panels behind the seat. they were quite thin and flexible compared to the Yamaha stuff too.

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:33:48 PM »
They are OK as a replacement to keep your good stuff safe. The paint and graphics out of the box are great, however they all have problems

1 - They don't fit properly
2 - They are very thin and yet brittle
3 - The edges are not rolled (like the OE stuff) so are weak on the outer edges

When fitting you have to be very patient. Don't force anything. You might need to open up every fixing point. Get it together as a very loose fit, including the screen, then as you secure it, open up any joints that seem to tighten up. If you don't then the lugs will snap. Try and use some rubber, nylon or fibre washers to help relieve the stress on the fixing points. Do use extra bushing to get things to line up. Do use heat shield as they will melt
Mellion say If it ain't broke thrash it until it breaks

bulldogboy

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 08:52:20 PM »
Mmmmm, the voice of reason from phil, lets see what seaR1ck's freinds rvf kit is like, Auctmarts did seem to be better than your average chinese stuff from the reviews that i read.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:03:08 PM »
My friend bought the auctmarts because he bought a tail rear section from tyga and it's been way off fitting.

Not all of the Chinese fairing companies are the same quality some are junk. Like the kit i bought for a mc21 once it was so off it wasn't funny. I disputed that charge with my credit card to get my money back and friggin got my ebay account locked over it from ebay's corporate clowns.

But will for sure let you guys know how this auctmarts stuff fits.

bulldogboy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:16:43 AM »
 (-P) good stuff, cheers.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »
Fairing has been shipped from auctmarts to my friend yesterday so should be getting them soon.

bulldogboy

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 10:44:52 PM »
 (-P), nice one , hope its a good fit for your friends bike.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 08:46:43 PM »
My friend says the box just got delivered today.

bulldogboy

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
Did ur friend fit his red fairings yet?

bulldogboy

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »
R.V.F that should of said ::)

SeaR1ck

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 08:20:17 PM »
Not yet it's going to take a bit of work can't rush it. Some holes where not drilled some have some casting slag that needs to be cleaned off some need to be enlarged to fit the rubber grommets.

I don't see that as a bad thing because then you can line them up better vs if they drilled them in the wrong spot or went to big.

Plus it's been wicked cold here this past week we got hit with snow and  it has been getting down into the 14 - 19 degree Fahrenheit at night with the high mid day 30. Supposed to be like this all this week it's put a stop to wanting to work in the cold garage.

bulldogboy

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »
Yeah we've had snow, no fun eh, hopefully your buddy will get the "90% fitment" auctmarts claim, what was the quality of paint / accuracy of decals like?