Author Topic: A help for dry clutch kit  (Read 1507 times)

Franck

• 3VX 1992
A help for dry clutch kit
« on: April 15, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I would like to find one dry clutch complet kit for my 3VX.
Have you an good idea where I find this ?
All  apologies for my English  ;D

Thanks

Franck
Composits Materials..

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
Re: A help for dry clutch kit
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:11:18 PM »
Hi Frank, Webbs of Lincoln u.k stock nearly all the dry clutch parts, there is one plate that is nla, but it can be substituted for an extra fibre plate apparently. Im not sure if they post to Canada, but if you know someone in the u.k they can purchase and post to you?It is Andy you need to speak to at Webbs,( good guy and very helpful) when I checked with him the metal and fibre plates alone came to over £200/£250, not inc basket/ springs etc etc. Are there no Yamaha dealers who can supply in Canada?

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 03:45:27 PM »
Hi Frank, Webbs of Lincoln u.k stock nearly all the dry clutch parts, there is one plate that is nla, but it can be substituted for an extra fibre plate apparently. Im not sure if they post to Canada, but if you know someone in the u.k they can purchase and post to you?It is Andy you need to speak to at Webbs,( good guy and very helpful) when I checked with him the metal and fibre plates alone came to over £200/£250, not inc basket/ springs etc etc. Are there no Yamaha dealers who can supply in Canada?
And as far as I know I bought the last of the fibre plates. Bulldogboy now has them in his spare parts collection
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »
mmm, thats weird I had a conversation with Andy about the dry clutch, im sure he told me that all the plates fibre and metal were still available, apart from the plate with the dampers on it if that makes sense?, maybe im mistaken as to what Andy said, I will ring him to clarify. Are aftermarket fibre plates available? ive seen aftermarket metal plates listed on ebay for the 3xva. Would it be possible to have some plates of both types made up by anyone as a group buy? I saw a full set go on yahoo auctions for over £350

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 10:03:40 AM »
So just to confirm, spoke to Andy at Webbs, and all the metal,and fibre plates are available for the dry clutch apart from the one with the rubber dampers on it which is n.l.a,  (-P)

mellorp

• Manchester
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 03:04:57 PM »
So just to confirm, spoke to Andy at Webbs, and all the metal,and fibre plates are available for the dry clutch apart from the one with the rubber dampers on it which is n.l.a,  (-P)
That's good news. Thanks for confirming
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!