Author Topic: Got another 3XVB  (Read 7431 times)

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
Re: Got another 3XVB
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 11:22:18 AM »
Looks great! Nice specs too! Great stuff!  8) 8) 8)
Still Smoking...

Hoatso

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »
The O-ring travel indicator and sticker on the forks show that the suspension had been modded or at least maintained.

injapan

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2019, 01:08:47 AM »
Never been a fan of the blue Dog Fight cans so ordered some Dog Fight Carbon ones instead from Yahoo/Webike. Took two weeks to come and a bit pricey but worth it.

Now I have 4 blue cans in storage so I guess I will put them up on Yahoo auction next week.

TZR250R SP 3XVB Road X 2
TZR250R SP 3XVB Race
KTM250 TPI Six Days Supermoto

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2019, 04:00:12 AM »
I'm a fan of the blue cans, and DFR pipes in general. How much do you want for the blue cans?

injapan

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2019, 05:54:55 AM »
I'm a fan of the blue cans, and DFR pipes in general. How much do you want for the blue cans?

The carbon ones set me back 54000 yen and new blue ones are 48000 yen so i guess 18000 yen plus shipping is a fair price.

No road rash on them and can send photos of them both if needed.
TZR250R SP 3XVB Road X 2
TZR250R SP 3XVB Race

bims

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 10:41:15 PM »
How did you manage to source panels etc...?

Chris

injapan

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 02:44:01 AM »

Chris

Yahoo auction, not common but come up sometimes although everything is getting more expensive recently as stuff starts to dry up and more people bidding.

Just got this panel a few days ago to go with a single panel i had so now have another set.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v650572610
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:55:47 AM by injapan »
TZR250R SP 3XVB Road X 2
TZR250R SP 3XVB Race

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 05:03:34 AM »

The carbon ones set me back 54000 yen and new blue ones are 48000 yen so i guess 18000 yen plus shipping is a fair price.

No road rash on them and can send photos of them both if needed.

Apologies, just saw this. Blew the budget yesterday on oem parts so I'm laying low for now. Feels like I'm paying Rossi's salary :(

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 06:57:48 AM »
Lol, so it was you bidding on the SP panels was it, I got the right hand one with the damage, the sport production decals are all scuffed up, thought I could, have some racing sport decals made up on some red vinyl to cover the damaged area, apart from that they're identical,my RS panel on the new bike has the front air vent missing and the lugs snapped off where the nose cone joins , I've been looking every night for  a year and they are the first SP panels I've seen, I've not seen a single Racing Sport panel, or tail section, quite alot of SPR panels though.Decent tank on there from the same SP at the moment.YBK, I know the feeling of "blowing the budget" the cost of OEM you'd think they'd of built Rossi a better bike.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:50:48 AM by bulldogboy »

bims

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »

Chris

Yahoo auction, not common but come up sometimes although everything is getting more expensive recently as stuff starts to dry up and more people bidding.

Just got this panel a few days ago to go with a single panel i had so now have another set.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v650572610

So, do you plan to do anything to tidy them up or leave as is?
Those carbon cans look the dogs btw.

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
YBK, I know the feeling of "blowing the budget" the cost of OEM you'd think they'd of built Rossi a better bike.

Haha indeed :)) going on 3 years, that M1 needs a thorough sorting.
 Selling bikes are secondary, their real money is in parts  ::)

injapan

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 12:44:30 AM »
Lol, so it was you bidding on the SP panels was it, I got the right hand one with the damage, the sport production decals are all scuffed up, thought I could, have some racing sport decals made up on some red vinyl to cover the damaged area, apart from that they're identical,my RS panel on the new bike has the front air vent missing and the lugs snapped off where the nose cone joins , I've been looking every night for  a year and they are the first SP panels I've seen, I've not seen a single Racing Sport panel, or tail section, quite alot of SPR panels though.Decent tank on there from the same SP at the moment.YBK, I know the feeling of "blowing the budget" the cost of OEM you'd think they'd of built Rossi a better bike.

They do come up sometimes but you are right nothing for the last few years. That SP panel i just got was needed as I had a spare other side so now got another set. Someone really wanted that SP tank so I gave up.
TZR250R SP 3XVB Road X 2
TZR250R SP 3XVB Race

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 07:02:30 AM »
You said a while back I could have one of your seat unit panels, but you didn't get back to me so I presumed you didn't want to let one go, and I can't say I blame you, having seen that they are now rare as hens teeth, so no worries.That tank went for £636. I was interested...up to about £300! Cheaper to buy a sound tank and have it painted, I have the silver tank yamaha decals, but the purple flash is nla.The red vinyl on the side panels is very hard to match, I've ordered 5 samples so far, and while some are close colour wise, they don't seem as glossy so look odd.Ive got some seat panels coming in plain white pearlesent, I'm going to see if imageworks or similar company can do me a set  of seat unit decals.

bims

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2019, 11:19:00 AM »
You said a while back I could have one of your seat unit panels, but you didn't get back to me so I presumed you didn't want to let one go, and I can't say I blame you, having seen that they are now rare as hens teeth, so no worries.That tank went for £636. I was interested...up to about £300! Cheaper to buy a sound tank and have it painted, I have the silver tank yamaha decals, but the purple flash is nla.The red vinyl on the side panels is very hard to match, I've ordered 5 samples so far, and while some are close colour wise, they don't seem as glossy so look odd.Ive got some seat panels coming in plain white pearlesent, I'm going to see if imageworks or similar company can do me a set  of seat unit decals.

Is that for an SP or SPR?

injapan

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 11:27:56 AM »
Another option is to send some bodywork to china to paint. My race bike uses original panels painted over there and although not 100% the same they are quite close. I am about to send my spare yellow bodywork including the tank that came with the bike off to them so will let you know the costs.

TZR250R SP 3XVB Road X 2
TZR250R SP 3XVB Race