Author Topic: 3xv running problems  (Read 93 times)

Ivor2Stroke

• Nottingham,England
3xv running problems
« on: July 14, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »
hi,my 3XV8 starts on one cylinder then other one kicks in eventually take bike on road the bike jerks on acceleration but wont go much faster and carries on jerking,pulled plug its black,other cylinder is ok,exhaust can has black goo around end all on standard jets and exhaust with aftermarket cans,tried allsorts cant get it to run ok so annoying,any advice be appreciated,thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 11:26:33 PM by Ivor2Stroke »

Ivor2Stroke

• Nottingham,England
Re: 3xv running problems
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:28 PM »
any have anything similar   :)

Steveog

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:55 AM »
Ivor - This could have several causes. You didn’t say which cylinder was afflicted. Did this problem just start or did the bike gradually develop the problem?

There are many experts here. The more info you give them, the more they can offer more specific answers. Pictures are always good.

It’s best to start simple and work your way to a more complex diagnosis. Is the fuel line kinked or restricted? Is there good spark? Good compression? Fully cleaned carbs? Clean air filters?

You can pull the pipe and look at the piston and part of the cylinder wall. If nothing conclusive, you’ll have to pull the cylinder and inspect the piston and crank.

I’m betting it’s a very clogged up carb or a failed coil. But, again I’m not a guru. Those guys have seen everything.

The good news is: It’s still running. My advice: Don’t ride it again until you get the cylinder squared away.

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the greatest game of all.

jools

• Yes, we have no Bananas
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 07:36:55 PM »
Not forgetting those little fuel filters in the carb fuel inlet stubs of course
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose