Author Topic: Ebay 3ma and 3xv prices. RIDICULOUS  (Read 19709 times)

Steveog

Re: Ebay 3ma and 3xv prices. RIDICULOUS
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2019, 04:59:04 AM »
More importantly, where’s the 2T track-only bike. Track Days are huge opportunity for Yamaha or KTM.

A 400cc , two or three cylinder, TPI bike with good suspension and brakes would sell. In the USA most tracks favor HP. But, the ideal 400 2T would make 120HP and weight 300lbs.

This new 2T would have a market. All it takes is a smart manufacturer to build a modern version, supply parts and bring it in for $10K.
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2019, 05:44:16 AM »
You mean something like this? Ktm prototype street racer. Based around the ktm 250sxf design dirt bike was also mentioned possible 2 stroke versions.
It's supposed to be an entry level race bike no other info has been given yet.

Steveog

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
Yes, Rick. Great to know.

Having ridden track days with 3xv against built 1000's in the Intermediate class I can say, "that we need more power, but must keep the weight and handling appropriate to riding around the diesels in the turns."

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:49:37 AM by Steveog »
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

mellorp

• Manchester
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

busa1300

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2019, 01:18:14 AM »
This is what the prices are in Japan....so, eventually the prices will be doing the same everywhere else...
If your thinking of buying, it will never be cheaper than yesterday  :'(

Yamaha
https://www.goobike.com/maker-yamaha/car-tzr250spr/index.html
Suzuki
https://www.goobike.com/maker-suzuki/car-rgv250gamma_sp/index.html
Honda
https://www.goobike.com/maker-honda/car-nsr250r_sp/index.html
Kawasaki
https://www.goobike.com/maker-kawasaki/car-kr_1/index.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:22:52 AM by busa1300 »
Smoking for over 35 years.
TZR250SP...3XV2
RZ350-RZV500R where it started and why
RGV250 VJ21L-VJ22FL-VJ22N-VJ23T MotoGP street fun
RS250 Track day
KD80 cherry popper - JR50 for the kids - and a pile of GT750J parts

Steveog

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2019, 02:03:02 AM »
The best reason to refurb instead of customize. By customize, I mean uprezzing the TZR’s to track or even race bikes.

That’s assuming you’re justification is money. Investing in these unique bikes should be for the pure joy of riding them, not just an ROI.

Busa is right, though. Buy it now.

OK. Off the soapbox.

Steve

busa1300

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2019, 02:55:00 AM »
 (-P)
For myself, I look at them as a long term investment....but also as immediate entertainment
At some point I will be too old to get up on a bike.....At that same point in time my income will be $0
So then, after enjoying them for as many years as possible, I will cash in..... 8)
......Unless I cash out beforehand.... :o

In which case the auctioneers will cash in
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:56:42 AM by busa1300 »
Smoking for over 35 years.
TZR250SP...3XV2
RZ350-RZV500R where it started and why
RGV250 VJ21L-VJ22FL-VJ22N-VJ23T MotoGP street fun
RS250 Track day
KD80 cherry popper - JR50 for the kids - and a pile of GT750J parts

bulldogboy

• Site Supporter
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »
Well said Steveog and Busa, i wish i had bought "yesterday" i knew i was going to get a 3xv at some point but just watched bikes come and go over a period of 2 or 3 years without having the funds to buy,  so when i eventually got my arse in gear they were considerably more exspensive than when i started window shopping.

thump566

• Site Supporter
  • NW London, UK
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
Agreed. I only wish I had started to sort out my R that I bought earlier rather than leave it in the garage for a decade or more beforehand.  ::)  If I  had, then I imagine there would be more 2 strokes in the garage now (and hopefully all fettled) rather than now considering acquiring unobtainium   >:(
Forever a student attempting to learn from the Mentors.

Laffey

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2019, 01:07:42 PM »
Well said Steveog and Busa, i wish i had bought "yesterday" i knew i was going to get a 3xv at some point but just watched bikes come and go over a period of 2 or 3 years without having the funds to buy,  so when i eventually got my arse in gear they were considerably more exspensive than when i started window shopping.

Happened to me too. That just sucks. But hey, everything happens for a reason. I just opted in for a different bike and I love it now. haha

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2019, 02:18:54 AM »
It does make me wonder what I should do with my Track 3XV when I return to the UK next June..........

I don't race it anymore since I had the 3YL, and the 3MA is my sort of track bike.

I still have most of the road gear for the 3XV in a box. It would just need plastics as i flogged most of them to Warwick years ago  ;D

Space will be the biggest problem re adjusting to the shoebox that is the average UK garage.........
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

Steveog

« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2019, 07:59:35 PM »
Hi, Jools - If you’re not going to use it at the track, just sell it as it is. Track bikes sell, just not for the top return seen for stock bikes. If yours is like mine, the loom would be the biggest headache, as I’ve stripped it down.

Mine came with a racing faring, so much like you, the bodywork will need replacing to even attempt a refurb.

The street hardware is expensive.

I won’t even suggest braking it, but the person who buys it might use it for parts. Not a lot of difference except a bit remorse on your consciousness.

I guess the big question is, “The condition of the bike and can you prove it with receipts?”

Good luck.

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »
Steve,

I don't really want to sell it, so I'm not concerned on returning a fast buck on it either. Its a bike I really like but here in Oz I can't register it for the road. Sympathetic restoration is the term I would probably use. I would probably modify the race bodywork for road use and keep a look out for reasonable OEM plastics that may need some repair.

Back in the UK its probably a simpler to register as a personal import for a returning citizen.......and it would be a great sunny summer Sunday therapy tool.  8)

The wiring loom was modified but I have a spare in complete and good condition. When I prepared it for racing everything not required went into a box. I have all the subframes, fittings and brackets still which can be the hard to source bits.
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

Steveog

« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2019, 02:31:16 AM »
Jools - I’ve read many of your posts. You are far more experienced with these bikes than am I.

I’m from the USA. Here, all you need is a title and registration. No vehicle inspections.

The individual license for operating a motorcycle on public roads is a bit trickier.

First, you must have an automobile license, then pass a special written test for motorcycles, then a riding test on a legal road bike...the good news is it doesn’t have to be your bike. A Honda 100 would be an ideal bike for the pylon, parking lot test.

Each state is a bit different.

Best wishes on your project. It’s all about the fun. Yes?

Added a day later: Correction. In Indiana, USA, there IS a vehicle inspection to ascertain the numbers on the bike match those of the paperwork. Of course, that process is handled by the local sheriff. You pay him separate from the licensing fees and excise tax. Three good reasons to ride on the track.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:02:05 AM by Steveog »

thump566

• Site Supporter
  • NW London, UK
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2019, 01:53:29 PM »
Steve,

I don't really want to sell it, so I'm not concerned on returning a fast buck on it either. Its a bike I really like but here in Oz I can't register it for the road. Sympathetic restoration is the term I would probably use. I would probably modify the race bodywork for road use and keep a look out for reasonable OEM plastics that may need some repair.

Back in the UK its probably a simpler to register as a personal import for a returning citizen.......and it would be a great sunny summer Sunday therapy tool.  8)

The wiring loom was modified but I have a spare in complete and good condition. When I prepared it for racing everything not required went into a box. I have all the subframes, fittings and brackets still which can be the hard to source bits.
Sounds like you may have answered your own question, possibly to keep the bike and bring it to the UK? If the storage predicament is the issue then perhaps locate some UK storage in the interim or somebody nearby that has the space until you can resolve any potential lack of space of your own?

Would be a pity not to bring it back here if you still want to keep it, perhaps someone on here could help for an interim period depending on where you are intending to put down some roots.  (-P)
Forever a student attempting to learn from the Mentors.