Author Topic: 3xv ignitech  (Read 38755 times)

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
3xv ignitech
« on: February 28, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »
ive got an ignitech for my bike and i keep asking everyone questions
cheers dan and paul
paul thinks we should have a specific thread on this to help people like me to set it up !
and i agree i havent a clue what im doing ,im asking people about static advance and things that should be kept on a thread like the wireing one
dan did using my loom kit
so if anyone wants to add anything that could be usefull go ahead ,ignitech want me to send them instructions so that the looms they send are correct in future
so we need a thread on everything from start to finish

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
Re: 3xv ignitech
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:37 PM »
Well done Gary
There is a bit to take on initially but then you won't look back. Then over the years as you get interested in trying this or that improvement you will not be held back by the cdi.
Once the 3xv is set up on programmable you really get to reap an unbelievable motor. Both Dan and my dyno curves are mid range strong, just changing when my PVs start to open and for how long to fully open released 12hp from 6500 to 9500 where I had a flop in power.
No matter how careful you are with the boys at IGNITECH they will carefully wire up your plugs wrong. You must use the manual and check each wire from the PIN number coming out their box to your units.
I am here to help and if we can at the very least get the wiring easier for other users
If you will spell out which carbs and if you're using airjets and elec powerjets and tps or not I can get an idea of where you're heading with this.
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
thanks paul ive got help with it .
dan has done the loom thing
bike is std or was its now got std 28mm carbs ,tps and air jets still on the bike
pod filters ,barrels and pv's have been ported and tuned by mick abbey [english 2 stroke tuner]
porting design'd by kenny at TSA ,ignitech ignition ,and it's just gone for the tsa pipes making and im hoping to get it on the dyno
half way through next month.
dan is helping with the set up and is going to put his bike up on the dyno to try the pipes ,to see what power his sp ported bike does against this new porting job
so it should be a good day also got the aprilia one with ignitech and tsa pipes to dyno aswell . and maybee a vj 23 there aswell trying some pipes out so should be a good day
so iwill get my stuff together and start a thread on how to sort the ignitech
first bit must be wireing the loom kit i'll put a link to that
http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=530.0
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:22:33 PM by eyrey1 »

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 01:06:35 AM »
any one can help me ive just sent this to ignitech

i have 2 of your dccdip2 ignitions and cannot connect them to my laptop
i am using windows 7 and it cannot find the com port using the auto search or manual going through them one at a time , do i need windows xp ?
what am i doing wrong and why cant i connect

anyone any ideas i also could do with a map as a start point to try please if anyone has anything ?
its got tsa pipes ,top lid airbox mod, ported ,28mm carbs , gone up 2 sizes on mains on both mains
i know nothing about these boxes ! should someone who can set up zeeltronics be able to program these
ignitech boxes ?  as the setup stuff must be simular ,ie advance ,and pv setup
i know all bikes are different and ill need my own bike setting up for what it has had done to it
any help would be appreciated

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »
Hi Gary , have you down loaded the program from the ignitech site ? Somehow when I started I did something to the disc and could not run it either .

I had to be connected to the bike before I could do anything , it would crash / freeze often but that may have been our laptop .

unofficial lap record holder --- to be corrected one day !

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:33:15 AM »
http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

install the windows driver gary  8) that'll do the trick
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »
you asked for a list of mods paul
its got tsa pipes ,top lid airbox mod, ported to match the pipes ,28mm carbs , gone up 2 sizes on both mains
had it on the dyno and it needs the ignition ,the 00 box is holding it back big time

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
For reference, the -00 ignition is good for mid to high 50s assuming a solid set-up with good pipes and a bit of porting and the 28mm carbs Gary. You should be able to make some very useful improvements on that, both at the very top end, and, especially, between 9 - 11k with a better suited ignition and PV curve though of course 8).

I can't offer any pointers with the Ignitech though I'm afraid. If you post up your dyno curves it might help?

Good luck. :D
Still Smoking...

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »
http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

install the windows driver gary  8) that'll do the trick

did this work?

how far have you got now?
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
havent try'd it yet paul ,i'll post the dyno chart when i get time later !
im really unhappy with it at the moment im even thinking of selling it

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 12:16:06 AM »
Just relax a little , I have been frustrated with my bikes too in the past when I was chasing hp . As soon as you get everything working together you will forget about the difficulties and have a big smile .
unofficial lap record holder --- to be corrected one day !

EEKNOWS

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:23 AM »
What is actualy wrong with the bike?  I see your running pod filters which I don't imagine are helping your cause. With the Ignitech have you strobed a flywheel reference mark against a flat line advance curve? What advance curve were you using? Post the dyno graph and it may give anyone a indication where to look.

muz_j

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 01:55:34 AM »
any one can help me ive just sent this to ignitech
i have 2 of your dccdip2 ignitions and cannot connect them to my laptop
i am using windows 7 and it cannot find the com port using the auto search or manual going through them one at a time , do i need windows xp ?
what am i doing wrong and why cant i connect

Hi there,

Regarding the connection to the Ignition Unit from your Laptop?
Is that working yet or not?
Have you got a working COM port on your laptop?
Does your laptop have a built in COM port, or are you using an adapter of some kind - eg: USB to DB9 adapter?

Please clarify your setup regarding the connection from your laptop to the Ignition unit?

I can almost certainly help you sort out your computer problems, as long as you're clear regarding what's occurring and how you have things set up (I'm a IT technical consultant in my day job and have spent a long time supporting Windows operating systems).

I haven't gotten to the point of starting to set up my Ignitech Ignition, but I have got all the stuff ready for it. For my own PC, I need a USB to DB9 COM Port adapter, which requires it own device driver. And I've got a mix of operating systems on my computer - including Windows 7, which is still my main OS. I have collected a couple of sample IGN files for the ignition unit, but my intention is to use those as a starting point and adjust according to other recommendations to get a base setting for the bike - but at the moment I'm in the process of trying to get my barrels ported. If you look up my earlier posts, you should find the IGN file I got from Ignitech, otherwise I can find the URL for you.

Cheers,
Murray

muz_j

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 02:03:31 AM »
Wiring info from Paul in an earlier thread:
http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=225.msg1913#msg1913

IGN file from Ignitech for the TZR - if you want it for reference or you get stuck:
http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=223.msg1885#msg1885

eyrey1

• west yorkshire uk
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 02:39:05 AM »
ive just got the loom kit which dan wired up !
and i plug the cable into the usb port ,and into the unit with ignition on
ill try again tomorrow with it ,here are the dyno printouts ,it rides worse than it looks
it is propper gutless , i think it could be some filters ive put in as its some of them you cut out yourself
havent put the pods on as it went balistic on the dyno afr meter ,it shot off the scale so the operator stopp'd it sharpish !
it was a fast little bugger as std and now ive messed with it its worse
so it has no advance key in its as std with mick abbey/kennys porting and kennys tsa pipes and 210/280 mains
since the dyno run ive taken the piece out of the top airbox lid again
its just got no go its like its not getting enough fuel or its choking out of air
its hard to explain but its crap !  its one of those something and nowt faults but i dont know
im going to take the filters out again and see if its that
ive just had the carbs vapour blased inside and out ! could i have got the carb bodies the wrong way round ? would it make much differance ? i know i put the bowls back right but not the bodies ?
red is std pipes and porting blue is with tsa pipes
sorry about the quality i will see if i can scan them or get dyno dude to e mail me them
and any help would be welcome please ! thankyou in advance

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:03:36 AM by eyrey1 »