Author Topic: 3xv ignitech  (Read 36424 times)

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
Re: 3xv ignitech
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2015, 11:11:30 AM »
Hi Paul,

Gary's bike is running on that wiring. Should be good.

I did it via pin number to avoid confusion on ignitech wire colours.

The zeel wiring in that thread is spot on. The zeel should come correct from borut now i think too.

Dan

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »
I hear you Dan
PIN number 1 is RHS coil which is a grey wire on the 3xv and connects to a white wire coming out pin 1 on the CDI. You have it down as orange. There are a few more but it's either I'm reading it wrong or not understanding your pin sequence.

Hi yuri
I rarely screwed my TZR on the road. I would let it sign off at 12000 and indeed had the limiter set at 12500 to save my crank. I have been happy with this and also a little in doubt as to a speedo error but it would "soft limit" after 12000.
Then when I move to UK after making an IGNITECH my backup unit on my TZ in 2012 (which i tested at Phakisa about 2-3 years ago for 2 laps, that had a little "thing" at the top but I didn't want to push it) I went to a dyno and it stuttered. I realised it must be a battery thing as the TZ runs without a battery, just a capacitor. So when I tested my 3xv (what steve is calling a 4xv because of all the TZ bits) on the dyno, you recall the clutch slipped, kevin pointed out there are "stutters" and it must be ignition. I had a tiny battery on there. 12v0.8ah that the later TZs with fuel pumps use. So I come home. Upgrade the clutch and battery and I notice a 12000 cut off which I put down to the lame "starter curve" I loaded for finding the right curve. The last time I ride it I pushed this curve forward 500rpm and it still did it. A couple emails to IGNITECH later:

Hello,

If is unit supplying from battery with 14V - there is full energy kept up to 12000 RPM. Above 12000 RPM starting decreasing of spark energy due lower voltage on CDI capacitor. Standard voltage is 340V (to 12000 RPM), at 15000 RPM is voltage 285 V.
We do not know if your problems are caused by this decreasing. Could you try use higher voltage than 14V ?

Regards.

Jiri Krejzl
IGNITECH

Hello,

12 V battery should have 14-14.5 V during engine run (when battery is charging).
We do not know what is reason for get a stutter.
If you want higher spark energy above 12000 RPM - you have to use higher voltage than 14 V.
Some our customers use some modeller LiPo 5-cell battery. This is approx. 18.5 V. But this battery is not possible charging from bike regulator. There is need special modeller charger.
Second way is to use voltage regulator with higher voltage. This solution is possible to use only with battery eliminator (capacitor). We can offer our modified regulator RCH25Z. This is possible to use for TZR250 (3-phase alternator) and also for TZ250 (1-phase alternator). We can set regulator voltage to 18V for example.

Regards.

Jiri Krejzl
IGNITECH

I am now realising I have a issue. I really like the IGNITECH and I have punted them since owning them. so I need to settle this myself. I was about to buy a super all bells and whistles yuasa battery for 50 to eliminate my battery when I thought it a whole lot cheaper to try a zeel. AND I can put the score right to some degree.
I never had a stutter on the 3ma or aprilia with the zeel.
Watch this space.
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

Crank

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
Roughly what is the cost on a Zeel and Ignitech?

EEKNOWS

« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
What is the problem your having Paul?

Roughly what is the cost on a Zeel and Ignitech?

Purchase price of the unit is 120Euro for the Ignitech and 207Euro for the Zeel.................however there is also a USB to RS232 cable for the ignitech, I had to buy a good  one for $35 as the cheap versions didn't work, with Zeeltronic there is either a hand or USB controller that are about 50 and 40 Euro respectively. Software for both are free.

rusell

« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Hi Paul
i have also ignitech running on my TZ never used it with less than an 1,3Ah now i have a 12V 7Ah NP7. This issue is seen on normal TZ also as more than needed PV cables tighten and the addition of lap-timers temp-gauges etc  + age increase the power consumption and engine deflates at high RPM. 2 Weeks back put a battery on a 3YL and bike stop immediately weird engine stall and rev meter jerking around after 2-3 laps. Another thing is lack of power produces wrong spark plug chops.

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #200 on: September 25, 2015, 11:41:26 AM »
Hi Paul
i have also ignitech running on my TZ never used it with less than an 1,3Ah now i have a 12V 7Ah NP7. This issue is seen on normal TZ also as more than needed PV cables tighten and the addition of lap-timers temp-gauges etc  + age increase the power consumption and engine deflates at high RPM. 2 Weeks back put a battery on a 3YL and bike stop immediately weird engine stall and rev meter jerking around after 2-3 laps. Another thing is lack of power produces wrong spark plug chops.

Interesting
What year is the TZ or is it the same 3yl you mentioned?
I'm going to fit a zeel to the 4dp. One day.
First I want to get hold of some more unleaded heads. Anyone want to swap leaded heads with me?
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

rusell

« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2015, 02:20:38 PM »
the blue one is the 3yl and the second one is my all tzr- tz hybrid :D both on battery the funny think is the 3yl goes up to 14.6V with only one charging coil but i think Amp must be low, never the less it keeps the battery charged