Author Topic: Spr begins  (Read 1472 times)

Steveog

Re: Spr begins
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 05:34:04 AM »
Rick. Loving all you’re doing with this build. Very curious as to how it will run.

Good Luck

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:03 AM »
How come no dry clutch? Just interested.

Dan

SeaR1ck

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
Dry clutch parts are getting harder to find so since this is going to be a street bike.
I removed all of the dry clutch parts and even the spr transmission. I also have a nos clutch plates and springs for the dry clutch. But I'm putting them away and going to run the wet clutch.

Since the wet are more common and the plates and springs are the same as the current gen yz125. I'm also running a R transmission because that really tall first gear in the spr transmission makes it a bitch for stop n go for street use.

So whenever I do sale it I'll have a good dry clutch and transmission i can put on it.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
Sorry no updates to the spr this week was a bit distracted. Picked up these 2 today '21 ktm 150sx and 250sx.
 >:D

Steveog

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »
At least they are 2T's. New? TPI? They are gorgeous.
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2020, 10:56:02 PM »
Yeah they are brand spanking new 2021's not tpi because they are the SX models so still carb'd. Only the woods versions have tpi. I didn't want a tpi bike mainly because I mostly ride motocross practice days and i don't think tpi is quite there yet for mx use.
I've ridden a tpi it's cool but it's a bit too smooth lacks the hit of a carb.

no smoke no poke

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »
no 2 stroke poke ;D
oh forget me injected 2 stroke wow im so old
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:03:17 PM by no smoke no poke »

Steveog

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2020, 11:40:18 PM »
Yeah they are brand spanking new 2021's not tpi because they are the SX models so still carb'd. Only the woods versions have tpi. I didn't want a tpi bike mainly because I mostly ride motocross practice days and i don't think tpi is quite there yet for mx use.
I've ridden a tpi it's cool but it's a bit too smooth lacks the hit of a carb.
Understood, Rick. This is the last picture in which they will be virgin/clean.

I've been considering a dirt bike. I live in the middle of thousands of acres of primitive, unclaimed strip mines. I rode the trails around here on a Suzuki TS 250 back in the early '70's. No don't need to wait for track days. A TPI bike may be perfect for me.

Have fun.

Steve

SeaR1ck

« Reply #53 on: Today at 04:16:58 AM »
The tpi if you haven't ridden one, oh your in for a treat. The never bog smooth power and the insane luggable power will blow your mind.

My friend foolishly tried to stall the 250 tpi we rode. Was done riding it getting ready to get off it. Was in first at an idle clutch pulled in. Let's the clutch out thinking it's gonna stall and it starts chugging out from under him. If i was a total woods guy I'd be on one. But i ride lots of motocross tracks 2 weeks ago I was out at washougal.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:18:42 AM by SeaR1ck »

ybk

« Reply #54 on: Today at 08:46:50 AM »
Damn... it doesn't get much better than that ^^