Author Topic: Spr begins  (Read 11676 times)

Steveog

Re: Spr begins
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2020, 05:34:04 AM »
Rick. Loving all you’re doing with this build. Very curious as to how it will run.

Good Luck

Steve
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 09:19:03 AM »
How come no dry clutch? Just interested.

Dan

SeaR1ck

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
Dry clutch parts are getting harder to find so since this is going to be a street bike.
I removed all of the dry clutch parts and even the spr transmission. I also have a nos clutch plates and springs for the dry clutch. But I'm putting them away and going to run the wet clutch.

Since the wet are more common and the plates and springs are the same as the current gen yz125. I'm also running a R transmission because that really tall first gear in the spr transmission makes it a bitch for stop n go for street use.

So whenever I do sale it I'll have a good dry clutch and transmission i can put on it.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
Sorry no updates to the spr this week was a bit distracted. Picked up these 2 today '21 ktm 150sx and 250sx.
 >:D

Steveog

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2020, 05:54:35 PM »
At least they are 2T's. New? TPI? They are gorgeous.
Brief, fleeting Glory. Which of itself cannot last, but while it does is the best game of all.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2020, 10:56:02 PM »
Yeah they are brand spanking new 2021's not tpi because they are the SX models so still carb'd. Only the woods versions have tpi. I didn't want a tpi bike mainly because I mostly ride motocross practice days and i don't think tpi is quite there yet for mx use.
I've ridden a tpi it's cool but it's a bit too smooth lacks the hit of a carb.

no smoke no poke

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2020, 11:01:01 PM »
no 2 stroke poke ;D
oh forget me injected 2 stroke wow im so old
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 11:03:17 PM by no smoke no poke »

Steveog

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2020, 11:40:18 PM »
Yeah they are brand spanking new 2021's not tpi because they are the SX models so still carb'd. Only the woods versions have tpi. I didn't want a tpi bike mainly because I mostly ride motocross practice days and i don't think tpi is quite there yet for mx use.
I've ridden a tpi it's cool but it's a bit too smooth lacks the hit of a carb.
Understood, Rick. This is the last picture in which they will be virgin/clean.

I've been considering a dirt bike. I live in the middle of thousands of acres of primitive, unclaimed strip mines. I rode the trails around here on a Suzuki TS 250 back in the early '70's. No don't need to wait for track days. A TPI bike may be perfect for me.

Have fun.

Steve

SeaR1ck

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2020, 04:16:58 AM »
The tpi if you haven't ridden one, oh your in for a treat. The never bog smooth power and the insane luggable power will blow your mind.

My friend foolishly tried to stall the 250 tpi we rode. Was done riding it getting ready to get off it. Was in first at an idle clutch pulled in. Let's the clutch out thinking it's gonna stall and it starts chugging out from under him. If i was a total woods guy I'd be on one. But i ride lots of motocross tracks 2 weeks ago I was out at washougal.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:18:42 AM by SeaR1ck »

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »
Damn... it doesn't get much better than that ^^

SeaR1ck

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2020, 06:13:08 AM »
I didn't want yall to think i was just playing around with the pumpkins.

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2020, 12:51:51 AM »
Nowt wrong with playing with a plump pair of pumpkins
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

SeaR1ck

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »
I got the new coils mounted up now and most of the wiring is in place and connected and the power valves adjusted. About all I have left is giving the carbs a good cleaning. Get those mounted and set then airboxes and some more routing of hoses done.

Getting closer to its first startup. I still have to finish fixing the silencer cores. They were broken inside. I found some pre made and drilled tubes. Under this brand name LA choppers. Got a tube of 1" diameter that's 2 foot long. Fits my jackal silencers perfect and the 2 feet is plenty long enough for both silencers. The 1" tube was only $25.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:54:19 PM by SeaR1ck »

SeaR1ck

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2020, 07:34:36 AM »
I got the lower carb mounted up and most of all the routing of cables hoses and wiring done. HEL uk came through with awesome customer service.

A year ago I bought off their website directly front brake lines they had listed for the 3xv. I went to put them on last Saturday finally and they were 50 mm's too short.

I sent them an email i got a reply the next business day. Apologizing and they posted that day the new lines no charge. I got the new ones today and they fit perfectly.

SeaR1ck

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2020, 09:52:45 PM »
I ran into a small issue with the nos throttle cable i got. It's the cable for an 3xv4 but my issue is with the upper carb. I can't get enough slack length to even get close to putting the cable into the slide.

Comparing it with the old cable that came with the bike. It looks like the cable length coming out of the housing on the old one is a good inch longer.

Everything is fully slacked adjustment wise i even took apart the throttle housing and disconnected it from the throttle tube. Still not enough length. I even pulled the splitter boxes apart and gave them a look over and it looks all good.

I'm pretty positive i have the cable routed correctly. But I'm gonna try messing around with that some more see if that works. If not i may have to just reuse the old one.