Author Topic: Old old forum archive now available  (Read 21648 times)

ybk

• Admin
Old old forum archive now available
« on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
I've converted the old old forum to static html pages (the one that neil ran). There's no more forum functionality so don't try to register ;D . I sent the link to skip a month ago but havnt heard from him since. Hopefully he's OK :)

You guys can have a look, there may be some useful info there. I was a little nostalgic browsing through them:) Some of the pictures are still there and were saved, some were lost. Forum buttons such as 'search' etc don't work but all the topics and replies should be there.

http://pure2strokespirit.net/archive1/localhost/cgi-bin/ikonboard.html

Next step is to let google index it then add a google search button to it.

Let me know if there's any glitches ???
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:51:43 AM by ybk »

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
Re: Old old forum archive
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
Wow. That's a blast from the past! I sure used to post a lot in the old days!

Still Smoking...

Louis

• TZR3MA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
Its working perfect, great work. Lots off new info. :D

I see a lot off names who i haven't seen on the newer tzr forums. Guys with project bikes and Guys going deep into the material. etc. nice to read it.

Also manny known names 8)

King off all twostrokes ''TZR250 3MA''

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
So, does anyone have a back-up of the data from Ash's site too? If so would it be feasible to either make a 'static' archive as ybk has so kindly done, or even import it fully into this board?
Still Smoking...

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »
I only got that old old archive unfortunately. If someone still has contact with Ash and can get a copy of his archive then I should be able to easily import it to this site as they are running the same software...  That would give us a nice repository of info!  :D

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
I think someone on Skip's froum mentioned having a copy of Ash's forum backup? Jim maybe? It'd certainly be great to integrate it here to get it back... If Skip's site doesn't come back on-line then we've only really lost a few months posts, but potentially gained back quite a number of years worth if it's possible to get back Ashs as well as Neil's forums.

Hmmm. Does anyone remember the even older 'Mike P' TZR forum? Wonder what happened to the data from that one?  Must have been late 90s to about '02 I think? That would be a really quite fascinating archive as it catalogued the endeavours for the TZR forum's earliest days when we really didn't have any idea how to get the best from them. Or even where to get any parts (No digi parts books in those days etc.)

God, I'm old...  :'(  :)
Still Smoking...

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 11:00:52 AM »
Ash's backup would be nice. I'll ask on DF if anybody can help.  :)

I missed out on the MikeP forums, I was probably lusting after a TZR125 at that stage  ;D Those pioneering days must have been rough ;)

jcsnook

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
I think someone on Skip's froum mentioned having a copy of Ash's forum backup? Jim maybe? It'd certainly be great to integrate it here to get it back... If Skip's site doesn't come back on-line then we've only really lost a few months posts, but potentially gained back quite a number of years worth if it's possible to get back Ashs as well as Neil's forums.

Hmmm. Does anyone remember the even older 'Mike P' TZR forum? Wonder what happened to the data from that one?  Must have been late 90s to about '02 I think? That would be a really quite fascinating archive as it catalogued the endeavours for the TZR forum's earliest days when we really didn't have any idea how to get the best from them. Or even where to get any parts (No digi parts books in those days etc.)

God, I'm old...  :'(  :)

Hey guys...

Thanks to Warwick for sending me this link.  I've made my way over here for a look-see.  Still lots of poking around to do.

No, it wasn't me that had a backup of Ash's site, I was never able to get a hold of him.  The closest I got was an acceptance of a friend request thru the RGV forum.

Don't know what's up with Skip?  I tried calling him and got a generic voicemail answer message?  Left a message, so we'll see what comes of it.

Cheers, Jim
If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

Malc

Re: Old old forum archive now available
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

Here we go again...!

I have a backup of the old forum (not the old old one) from two days before it went down - anyone want it so we can do the same again?

Cheers
Malc

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
Yes please  :) What is the size of it? Can you email it, otherwise I can pm you some FTP details where you can upload it? :)

Malc

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 09:08:12 PM »
Yes please  :) What is the size of it? Can you email it, otherwise I can pm you some FTP details where you can upload it? :)
PM sent...

jools

• Senior Smoker
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03:11 AM »
Fanstastic  ;)

Its like reading an old school journal................. :o
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

3MA4 SP

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
Thats great,lots of infos,projects etc etc :D

Francoe

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
Thanks for the old forum info.Has been good to read.Plenty of old names in there!!!!

ybk

• Admin
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 01:15:12 PM »
I've added a search button so now you can search the archives courtesy of google!

http://pure2strokespirit.net/TZR/localhost/cgi-bin/ikonboard.html