Author Topic: SUGO CDI for Borut...  (Read 34367 times)

Neal

• Perth Australia
Re: SUGO CDI for Borut...
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 02:02:18 AM »
Ok , for me , I wanted to help the TZR community by sending Borut my cdi at my cost to help EVERYONE when he reads the map and has a base map available for us .

Like many have said before , I like the tuning part of developing a bike and most of the time I don't keep track of the cost's as I would probably cry at the money I have spent .
I am going to fit a prog unit but not sure if I must bother sending my cdi (at my RISC) as it sounds as though the info/curve it produces is not needed .

Can we talk about sending a unit or not and what you want from the new unit ?
unofficial lap record holder --- to be corrected one day !

41juergen

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 09:42:53 AM »
@Neal: my idea starting this topic was to get the data out of the (if possible different) SUGO units. That includes the ignition map, the PV curve and the PJ opening / closing. Having that for the (different) SUGO boxes, Borut would supply this data with his CDI and everybody can choose which one would be the right for his specific setup (at least as a starting point).
For the guys (like me  ;D ) who like to get the full gain out of such a prog. system they can spent (and pay) the time on a dyno. For all others they can get the same performance out of the engine than with a SUGO... And having that data and not needing to use a day on the dyno the prog. route can be on the same cost level than the SUGO's (depending how the prices for the rare getting boxes is developing  ;)  ) or even lower.

Personally I don't have any trouble with cutting my loom or fit any connector type into it....

At least that was my idea behind the story.

Jakes

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »
I also think that having the different sugo maps available would be very handy. Once you have the map then the formula to get good power is almost constant, ie: SP porting and pipes. Tweaking to suit your specific engine from a known base ignition curve would be easier than starting from scratch.. 8)

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 11:27:28 AM »
@Juergen , I have emailed Borut , he replied and was concerned about import taxes etc as I am out of the EU . Hopefully the taxes won't apply as the unit will be sent for "testing" and be returned to me .

I will wait to hear from Borut and progress from there .

Hopefully with the different curves available and the unit is proper plug and play it will save us time , frustrations and money with a good base to start with .
My progress will be slow as work is out of town for me . In the mean time I can buy fancy parts and build up my collection .

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »
I would be keen to see the various sugo cdi ignition curves. Sadly I am not in a position where I am able to help with this otherwise I would.

Just remember that the sugo curves are designed for use with the respective race kit for that year of 3xv. Also remember the type of fuel/combustion chamber volume that the sugo ignition is designed for too.

Dan

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »
Update - I will send Borut my 75 Cdi in a few months time . He was concerned that he would not be able to finish reading mine before I need it back . I will update  as soon as I have more info .

jcsnook

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
I too emailed Borut to offer up the use of my 3XV-9A box.  But me being the US was a concern for him...shipping wise.  He has my contact info and if he changes his mind and wants or needs the data out of my box, I'm sure we can work something out.  8)
If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

Kingy38

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
[Well, the last Sugo unit I bought cost 220. The one before that 180...  I know of someone more recently who bagged one for 150...

Warwick, you know i'm screaming out for one!!!!!!! ( got to keep those pesky rgv's behind me somehow!)  ;D

Warwick

• Global Moderator
  • UK
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »
Matey did get a bit of a bargain, but if you keep your eyes open they pop up reasonably regularly really. There was this one a little while back on these very pages: http://pure2strokespirit.net/forums/index.php?topic=344.0

Or just grab an Ignitech or Zeel? Little bit more work, but a prog potentially has real advantages over a Sugo too of course.

Still Smoking...

jcsnook

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
Which one do you need Ian?  Gecko Racing may have it, and it will only cost you one arm, one leg, and your first born!  ;)  He's got lots of neat shit!
If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

epa police

• Sydney Australia
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
Neal, you won't need to worry about import tax over here . Just keep the value under $1000 to avoid the GST and your sweet

jools

• Yes, we have no Bananas
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2013, 02:03:37 AM »
Man, I love to see you bitches squealing over something as somple as a spark  ;D ;D

Me?'m afraid I have little time as it is for setting bikes up and can't afford the extra time that a programmable unit will incur. (at this point in time)

Like Warwick I may think about one at some point, but as Pat says I've got a long way to go before I need one performance wise !

BTW - I'm also shunning the Iphone 5  ;) ;D
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

Kingy38

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2013, 08:52:50 AM »
Gecko Racing does indeed have lots of neat shit!! but at the prices he's asking? i'd rather keep my arms and legs thankyou!
i mean c'mon,400 for a 20 yr old cdi box?  :o :o

yanw

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2013, 09:12:27 AM »
Gecko Racing does indeed have lots of neat shit!! but at the prices he's asking? i'd rather keep my arms and legs thankyou!

I would agree his prices are uber high but that's the service he provides. If you can be bothered to do the Yahoo Japan thing and then get it imported, with the time it takes, then you can get it for half the price or less. With Dan you could (probably) have it tomorrow but you are going to pay the premium.

I am lazy, skint and in no rush so I'm not a customer. If I was lazy, minted and wanted toys 'now!' it would be a whole different kettle of fish. The difference is probably just a lottery win away. I'm happy to test it out if anyone has 50K to bung my way for the research project; please PM me if you can help.

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 11:21:57 AM »
I did the yahoo auction route , waited months for a 75 unit to come up and in the end it cost me about the same as 400 quid .