Author Topic: SUGO CDI for Borut...  (Read 34368 times)

yanw

Re: SUGO CDI for Borut...
« Reply #300 on: March 05, 2017, 12:54:40 PM »
So here are the -60 data. Interesting how far the Yam engineers retarded the timing...
Thank you for doing this :-). Looking at the graph it's almost as if someone was expecting emmisions testing between 6 & 8K......

zoomzoom

• Roodepoort, South Africa
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2017, 08:40:31 AM »
Together

Wow that is interesting...

Out of all the cdi tested,  the -60 has almost the least advance curve ( average) but yet it yielded the most power of all...
Just to add..That was on both R and SPR motors
I know the low down advance helps for low down power before you come onto the pipes and then advance decreases as the revs go up, but in the end the gains are minimal, but there is a gain.

In fact Scott tried my -60 cdi at phakisa last year and he said to me he could feel quite a difference out of corners and at lower RPM range, but top end was about the same. he is running stock pipes and stock motor.

I did find with my motors, both R and SPR that with the 00, 40 and 9A CDI my lower RPM range pull was better, i had the same expansion pipes on with these tests..

It also depends on setup and a few factors hey..

Thanks Juergen and all involved

jools

• Yes, we have no Bananas
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
Yes,
many thanks to Juergen for his time and effort collating this data. It gives a good window into the timeline of how the Yamaha engineers train of thought changed through model development with the introduction of outside interference's.
Plus ce la change, plus ce la memchose

41juergen

« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2017, 01:53:30 PM »
And thank's a lot to you guys! That was a serious international cooperation...  :))
At least I learned a lot for using the Sim tool and also that a programmable CDI might be better nowadays rather then using the too expensive SUGO parts..
cheers
Juergen

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #304 on: August 31, 2017, 03:28:06 PM »
Such helpful data Juergen. And thanks for the hard work.
I hate to say but it is one step from being complete and that is an unleaded TZ 4TW
Earlier Warwick said he ran pump fuel on a 4dp leaded ignition (although not 100% sure of matched timing) and I personally know a chap who races a TZ 5ke on avgas.
I want to convert my TZ 4dp to pump and am having some heads machined as I type.
Had anyone got access to a 4TW cdi?
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2