37 (18.1%)
91-2 3XV SP
25 (12.3%)
93-4 3XV SP
11 (5.4%)
3XV SPR (95 on)
22 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 182

Author Topic: Which model/s do you have?  (Read 95914 times)

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
Which model/s do you have?
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:45:14 PM »
I've consolodated the models due to similarities - and to avoid the larger number of options. feel free to be specific in posts of course.
Still Smoking...

ybk

• Admin
Re: Which model/s do you have?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
A while back the garage looked like this..

1 x R, 2 x RS, 2 x SPR...

I've scaled back to just 3 now  ;) 

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »
So that's where they all are?  ;D
Still Smoking...

jcsnook

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 01:19:17 PM »
Nice collection!

My 3XV9

If your not mixing gas, your not hauling ass!

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
Still Smoking...

jcsnook

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 04:35:12 PM »
Mine is all wrong  :-[  Lowers are the wrong color (does not match the upper), stripes are the wrong direction, should have a black color design on the bottom and have "Racing Sport" under the TZR.  "Pure 2-Stroke Spirit" is on my tail piece  :)  It should look similar to this...

Where can I get this decal set?

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
Yes, there are two different shades of white used on different models for the oe bodywork - silky white and bluish white. If the tank, upper and tail pieces all match, maybe just wait until some used oe 93 RS side fairings turn up if you want it all to match? Don't know of any aftermarket decal copies for the 93 RS, but I'd imagine they are still available from Yamaha, (along with the correct TZR decals) so that might be an option? I don't really do 'concourse' though, so it's not something I've ever seriously looked into.

Not sure yours is really a 93 RS though to be honest? Forks and swinging arm aren't in any case by the look of things? What's the motor?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:30:21 PM by Warwick »
Still Smoking...

jcsnook

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 07:39:10 PM »
It's a real Frankenbike Warwick???  The frame number say's it's a 93 RS, but that's about all.  Well, and now the title says it is too 8).  I know the forks are not right, I didn't know the swingarm was wrong tho ::).  Oh well, I'm not overly concerned about it being concorse either, it's a rider/runner.

Motor is a standard "R" model with a wet clutch :(  I've not yet installed my Martin ported top end and Sugo CDI.  I just need to get new wrist pins, small end bearings, piston pin C clips and gaskets.

What's the major diffences in the swingarms?  Just the aluminum block adjusters?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:50:20 PM by jcsnook »

Warwick

• Admin
  • UK
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
No, I wouldn't worry about any of that stuff either, Jim. All parts are effectively interchangeable, and any combination of bits can make for a great 3XV. Condition, level of maintenance and real world performance are all more important than either bling or originality to me  :).

Re: the swinging arm. I think there are some differences in the internal bracing, and the structure at the mounting end of the arm? Looks like there are effectively at least three slightly different swingers. For the road, it certainly won't matter a jot which one you have though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:53:29 AM by Warwick »
Still Smoking...

Neal

• Perth Australia
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »
Hi guys ,

i have a 3xv SPR , it is a racebike from Malaysia and has many sugo parts on  it . I have been side tracked for a while busy with another bike ( 93 tz250 ) . I hope to add a few photo's of it while i get her back into winning shape again  ;D

cheers , Neal
unofficial lap record holder --- to be corrected one day !

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 04:56:11 PM »
Mine is an R, fully race worked porting, pipes etc. 36mm carbs, sugo slide and needle etc, no airbox, UNI foam filters, IGNITECH CDI, TZ throttle, full nut and bolt restoration

;D
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

jcsnook

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »
Paul,

That looks (and sounds) like a bad-ass bike!!  I take it it's road going bike, not a track bike?

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 05:19:37 PM »
hi jcsnook
yes, it's a roadie. i need to take it to a dyno, but it is still work in progress, i have some new heads i want to fit first. i had a set altered for o-rings and a 0.95 squish (1.2 std, i tried 0.75 and it didnt work)
i have also removed the autolube and run premix 40:1 (when it's hot i go to 35:1), i upped the pilots for this.
the bike is an absolute cracker, i love it to bits, and to think i was going to get "rid" of it a few months ago due to the CDI issues (i was one of the first with Dan (maccas) to try a Zeel on a 3XV) i was convinced yamaha had put a gremlin in there to stop it being deristricted. turns out now (after i quit zeel and went to ignitech) that it was a wiring diagram problem from manufacturer. :o

added without thinking earlier: i see your bike above, nice one, is it standard?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:22:43 PM by Paul »
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

jcsnook

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Paul,
It's a Frankenbike  :-\  Frame number specs a RS, however I'm learning it has more standard R parts than it has RS parts.  Wet clutch motor, silver non-adjustable forks and rear swinger apparently are all standard R  :-[

I'm going to fit some Martin ported barrels and SUGO cdi as soon as I get the needed bits and gaskets (and money) ::)

maccas

• East Yorkshire and Bristol UK
    • GasketGuru
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
Well deja vu all over again! Forum after forum after forum lol. I hope some of the info from the last 2 forums can be saved!

Here is my 92 RS 3xv8 with 92 SP 3xv5 SP engine:

Like Paul had trouble with the zeeltronic for a long time but thats all sorted now thank god!

Spec is:

Stock 92 SP engine just cleaned up and refreshed with pretty much all new consumables. Barrels matched into cases, cases cleaned up and tidied. Replated barrels new pistons, new SP crank. Powervalves matched into exhaust duct.

Martin77 expansion chambers, lomas stainless cans.

Stock SP 36mm carbs, running VAJ and TPS and powerjets (not electronically activated at the moment)

Stock SP airboxes apart from SPR -20 airbox to carb rubbers (gets rid of 28mm orifice plate in -10 airbox to carb rubbers).

Stock -10 SP reeds no reed lift modifications etc.

Zeeltronic PDCI-20V cdi and powervalve controller mapped by James at Krazy Katt.

Only other real change is a ZX-9R fuel tap as it is a direct replacement for the stock item and does away with the vacuum crap on the stock one.

Running premix at 40:1.

Had it on the dyno again the other day, more work to come but looking promising:

Green is when I took it in april, red is as it is now.

Dan