Author Topic: Buying a cat c  (Read 566 times)

chubba

Buying a cat c
« on: October 23, 2021, 01:52:45 PM »
What's the general consensus on buying a previously repaired cat c bike.  I've seen a bike ( not a tzr ) that was repaired in 2007 looks all tidy still and was done 14 years ago. The current owner was un aware of this so has no history into what had happened to the bike back in 2007. Obviously its priced accordingly.

SouthCoastRich

• Please let this be finished :(
    • My TZR YouTube Videos
Re: Buying a cat c
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 02:48:15 PM »
Check you can get reasonable priced insurance on it as it can be more expensive to insure.

Do you have pictures / parts bills of the pre-accident state and the remedial work? Stolen/recovered or a slide down the road is quite different from a front end. Expensive plastics and cosmetics can write bike off and although recently there's a category for cosmetic damage, cat c indicates structural damage.
RD 350 YPVS F2
TZR 250 3XV8 RS(P) - broken

chubba

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 04:09:21 PM »
No past info of the bike. the seller wasn't aware it was cat c and has owned it 4 years without issues.

Fotis

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 09:31:22 AM »
I had a rgv250 vj22 as cat c for 4 years. Everything was perfect apart from fiberglass fairings. The frame was very clean with no marks on it. Insurance was around 80 a year.
I sold it cheaper that non cat c models. The going price then was 5k and i sold it for 3.8