Author Topic: Endurance riding.  (Read 1824 times)

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
Endurance riding.
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »
This looks interesting......

Lots of you ride on track with your friends, so have you ever thought of venturing into the world of endurance racing? Our sister company No Limits Racing runs the only Endurance series in the UK spread over nine rounds throughout the year. If you have always fancied the idea of racing but been a little wary Endurance is the perfect start plus fantastic enjoyment in its own right. Races are generally 3 hours in length except Donington in May which is 6 hours and our feature race of the year in July once again at Donington over 1000 kilometres which will take around 9 hours. All feature a Le mans start. You can have two to four riders and with food and evening presentation after the chequered flag all races are a great social event.
For more information check out our racing website at www.nolimitsracing.co.uk or give Mark Berry and his team a call on 01525877087 option 2 for more information.
No Limits Race rounds
21st-23rd April Brands Hatch
20th-21st May Donington Park GP
9th-11th June Anglesey
14th-15th July Oulton Park (solo races only)
29th July Donington Park GP (1000 kilometre race)
11th-18th August Cadwell Park
1st -3rd September Snetterton 300
2nd-24th September Croft
7th-8th October Donington Park National
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv
TZ250 4DP2

mellorp

• Manchester
Re: Endurance riding.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
I think there are a few problems.

1 - Age, fitness and pace. Most people are knackered after 7 x 20 minute sessions and that's going relatively slow. I know I'm 20 ish seconds off a competitive 250/400 lap at Oulton and Cadwell.

2 - What bike(s) would you use
3 - You need an ACU race licence
4 - It costs a lot of money to enter
5 - I costs even more to compete
6 - If it rains you can't just pull in

Race pace is something completely different to track day riding. It's your fastest lap every lap, on the edge every corner and everyone else is doing the same. Riding a lot closer and more aggressively than in the inters or novice group.
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

mellorp

• Manchester
Uncle (Reverend) Phil !!!

Paul

• Mid Wales, UK
Re: Endurance riding.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »
Appreciate that phil
All of it.
the twins:-
TZR250 3xv